Cool hollowbody guitar on Ebay if someone likes...

Started by IamWILSON, June 17, 2013, 05:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IamWILSON

I haven't posted on here in a while but I was just checking in tonight and noticed the cool Doc copy that Seeker is getting, and it reminded me that I saw this other hollowbody on Ebay the other day, so I thought I'd share with you guys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Malden-Keyser-2-Humbuckers-in-Black-NEW-OLD-STOCK-/310686967353?pt=Guitar&hash=item485662e639

This is not my ad, but I have one of these guitars and it's what I used with my old phish coverband.  I found mine used on Ebay a while back and took a chance and was blown away, especially considering that I spent under 3 bills on it.  Mine was from a second owner and all the hardware and pickups had been changed from the original equipment, but all I did was put in a Duncan Jazz p/u in the neck, and a SD '59 in the bridge, and had my tech level the frets and it is a great player!  In face, one of my students liked it so much that he ended up ordering a similar one straight from the company that makes them (yes they're sourced to Korea), and his sounded and played great in stock. 

Basically, that guitar is a good copy of a PRS 24fret cutaway guitar.  Mine is an amber flame top.  And while it is a hollowbody, it does have a block just underneath the bridge, it is hollow everywhere else, so its not quite a semi-hollow with the pickups routed in a block either. 
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).