Gordeaux

Started by No Nice Guy, March 24, 2014, 12:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Nice Guy

So last Friday (3/14) I saw Mike Gordon at the Boulder Theater.  Thought I'd share a few notes of the experience:

*  The trippiest concert I've ever been to (not counting the incredible over-the-top EDM shit you see nowadays a lot)

*  I was this close to the man:

*  I got snapshots of Scott Muraski's board, I'll upload them tomorrow

*  I played on the keyboard thing they had at the front of the stage, so I can truly say I've jammed with Mike

*  I met him after the show!  He was at the merch table.  He signed my poster, and answered two questions:

1.  Native Foods Cafe in Boulder has his recommendation (not mine though)

2.  Say Something is in fact played in A.  I honestly couldn't tell if it were A or A#, my ears aren't very good at all.

I have more pictures, but I'll upload them later.  I have shots of the keyboard onstage, a video of them doing Yarmouth Road, some videos of trippy lights, and one of when they're glowing instruments are turned on.  I'll upload them tomorrow. 

Did I see any of you?  I was the college student up front playing air guitar on his poster tube the whole show.  Did any of you catch any of Gordo's shows this tour?  Any fun encounters?
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

the_great_lemon

I saw Gordo on this tours first stop in Syracuse.  It was really funny, me and my friend walked in, handed our tickets and just as we entered into the main stage area, the first person I saw was Mike walking from the green room to the stage. I was so flabbergasted I didn't say a word which was probably the right thing to do as it was pre-show.... I gotta say, his voice sounded better in that tiny club than at any of the 16 phish shows ive seen; maybe its newfound confidence or he feels the need to step up b/c its his band? Either way he and his band put on a great show; I particularly enjoyed the drummer (sweet pocket) and percussionist (extra groovy).  Highly recommended!
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

Stecks

I was at the Pittsburgh show.  Enjoyed it.  Scott can play.  Loved the Flaming Lips cover
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

Buffered

Tempted to go to Beantown tomorrow, but the venue is a house of poop
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation