Hampton wrap-up

Started by Walker done done, March 09, 2009, 12:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Greetings folks.  Been busy, not too much time to jump online & chat, hope this finds everyone doing well.

Safe to say "they shoot, they score!"

Unbelievable 3 night run....one for the record books.  They did what they needed to do, and more than proved that (with apologies to Dennis Green) "they are who we thought they were!!!"  Can't wait for JB & GW.

And +1 for the boys for allowing free (and great quality) DL's of this run.  Very cool indeed.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

gratephulphish123

as i write this im on undermind on the third night. i've been very impressed and i definitely see how the recent release of the clifford ball has altered the way phish sees themselves. i think they realize they are great song writers and aren't afraid to cut back on jams (which were overlong by the end anyways) to show us this.

raisingfreen

Agreed, great show(s). I liked the simplicity of the sounds. Not too much effects, and when used they were very fitting. Someone else noticed no loops, I think I found one but that may have been some delay stuff.

If anyone has a shot of the floor setup that would be great. Curious to see if he changed the floor effects as well as his amp setup.

Anyone dare to say they prefer the Mesa Boogie sound vs the deluxe? Not sure if at the end of the day had I not seen it in a photo whether I would have even noticed. It sounded different but had to be the combination of the new amp and compressor right?

Saw an article that made fun of Trey's volume knob use. Yes it appeared he rode that quite a bit but it sounded great non-the-less. Like he was in taming an out of control beast.

I need to find the time to get through all these free MP3's!

Great shows.

AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

Stiles12

I was really happy with the set list on sunday night. Couldn't have picked a more fun adventurous night to be there...Heard a bunch that I wanted too, a lot more loose and funky than the previous two nights, or so it sounded... The first night seemed like they were a little nervous excited, second night they got loose had some good jams (I thought Ghost was awesome), Sunday night they saved the right songs, was kinda hoping that they went into a Boogie on right out of 2001>Momma Dance though... DWD was one of there longest jams of the weekend, and for some reason it had a little bit of a different spin on than it usually does which was cool to hear. My Friend My Friend was awesome to hear, kinda cancels out my jealousy for the folks who saw gumbo.  :)

and i was thinking the same thing that he never set a background pitch-bend loop.
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Poster

will you have to keep in mind that page can make the pitch bend sound/loop too...

It was a wonderful weekend. I cant wait for knoxville.

raisingfreen

In case anyone was wondering I found a pic from the back side of the stage (see link below) that shows Treys Deluxe is still in use. Its sitting directly behind the mark III and the large speaker cab.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=519250&page=3

strangedesign

brian probably just has it there as a backup. I would think if he was using it, it would be in a place where trey could make adjustments during the show to volume, tone ect..
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

hardtruckers

hey guys i answered this in another thread. check it out.
peace
glenn

raisingfreen

Just thought I'd mention in the latest edition of Rolling Stone magazine there is an article about the Phish reunion shows. In one of the pics you can see a bit of Treys floor setup. If you look close you can see what appears to be the rang but in a different location closer to his screamers and set up off the floor a bit. Its hard to make out the rest bit you can see some of the old gear on the floor along with what appears to be some other stuff that is hard to make out.

Stiles12

yeah i Just saw that last night. The boomerang looks to be over the TS9's and Comp with what looks to be an amp switcher right next to that. other than that you can see the TREK II and thats about it
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer