Acoustic TTE

Started by mcgrupperton, June 29, 2009, 01:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgrupperton

Anyone know what tuning Trey is using here? Open G?

I going to attempt to decipher this, and your encouragement is welcome, this is a monster. Looks alot more fun to play than radon balloon. I'mmmm a submarine, ssssubmarine.

jadirusso

when that vid was first posted I was messing with it and kinda figured it out.. It's a baritone guitar tuning with some modifications.. Since that was several months ago I'll have to re-figure that out and get back to you.. It's based on this type of baritone guitar tuning with a few strings tuned different.. (B E A D F♯ B)
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

Walker done done

Jadirusso - welcome.  That is quite an undertaking.  Good luck and I look forward to seeing some tab on this one.

Funny enough, up until today I was really digging on TTE, but the Indio version has cooled it for me, at least for now.  I am fully against using that song as a set ender.  Boo.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

jadirusso

so I just refigured out the tuning I believe really quick.. It doesn't sound great on a normal guitar as it's meant for a baritone guitar which has a longer scale length. Tuning is B F# B D# G# B

when I get some time I'll try to tab out a few of the sections that I can figure out

yeah def not a set ender..
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185

jadirusso

you guys know of a good way to write tab from scratch on my Mac?  text editor and putting a crapload of - 's doesn't seem very efficient and I haven't been able to locate a good free program that I can get the tab as pastable text from
Joe

jadirusso

ok so here's my first go at the few of the easier sections to tab out..

listen for exact finger picking

Part I(repeats):
B---------0-------0-------0-------0------------------------<12>-------------------<7>--
G#----------------------------------------------------<12>--------------------<7>------
D#------0-------0-------0-------0----------------<12>---------------------<7>----------
B-----0-------0-------0-------0-------------<12>----------------------<7>--------------
F#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B---5-------4-------5-------7-------<12>------------------------<7>--------------------

Part II  ("And when I ...

B--------0----------------------------------<12>-------------------<7>---------
G#------8-------------------------------<12>-------------------<7>--------------
D#----7----------------------------<12>-------------------<7>-------------------
B----7------------------------<12>-------------------<7>------------------------
F#-----------------------<12>-------------------<7>------------------------------
B---7---------------<12>-------------------<7>------------------------------------

Submarine Part:
B---0-------------------0-----------------------------------------------------------
G#--8-------------------10-----------------------------------------------------------
D#--10------------------12-----------------------------------------------------------
B---0-------------------0----------------------------------------------------------
F#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B---10------------------12------------------------------------------------------------

much later...

B------------------------<7>---------------------------<5>------------------------------
G#---------------------------<7>---------------------------<5>--------------------------
D#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B----------0------0----------------------0------0-------------------------------------
F#---2-0-2----0-2------------------2-0-2----0-2----------------------------------------
B---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Melody shelter in the darkness...
B-------------------------------------------<5>--------------------------------------
G#--3--2--0--0--2--3--3--3--2--0--0-------------<5>------3--3--2--0----3--3--2--0----
D#--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0----------------------0--0--0--0----0--0--0--0-----
B---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F#--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2----------------------2--2--2--2----2--2--2--2-----

B------------0------------------------9---------------------------------------------
G#---------2---2------------------------7--------------------------------------------
D#-------1-------1------------------------------------------------------------------
B------3-----------3-----------8--8---------------------------------------------------
F#---4---------------------8h9--9------------------------------------------------------

Joe