Backwards Down The Number Line (UPDATED)

Started by Walker done done, August 07, 2009, 02:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picture_of_nectar

Quote from: Walker done done on January 26, 2010, 02:46:53 PM
  And E D C would be a walk-down, which without a guitar in hand I can't verfiy its accuracy but I'm not inclined to disagree with you on merit alone. 

oops, yeah yer right! lol
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Walker done done

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on January 26, 2010, 02:17:50 PM
Hey guys,
If you check out the Joy DVD in the Box set it has a close up of almost all of BD#L

Pretty sure "you were 8 and I was nine" verse goes to Em, not Am. and the walkup is totally E D C.

That DVD is really good for checking out what Trey is actually playing on a lot of the Joy album tunes.

You know what I just realized - I think we're talking about 2 different parts here.  I thought you were talknig about the A B C walk-up, and saying that it was actually a walk-down of E D C, but in fact you were referring to the actual walk-down of E D C that comes over the "take my hand..." line.  I thought you were saying that the line after the "do you know what happened there?" had a walk-down of E D C, when it in fact is a walk-up of A B C.  My bad.  Either way, I think we're both right, which should've been quite obvious to the rest of you all along!  LOL  :D
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

HunSanity

one thing i have learned is that you can go crazy tryign to pick up on every little walk up or down.. trey will play this tune one way one night, and another way another night.. i heard backwards once where he didnt really walk any notes at all, just straight strummed it.. i know you guys already know this im just thinking out loud here....  but after a while, for me, i just learned to go with whatever when it comes to following him.. hahaha

but for what it is worth, that chord you dudes are talking is def an Em

picture_of_nectar

Walker, yeah were on the same page. Trey's fingering for the chorus is like this...

G         F         C
--12------10-------8
--12------10-------9
--12------10-------10
--10------12-------10
------------------------
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Walker done done

Updated the bridge even further.  See first page for notes.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

jadirusso

Walker.. I agree with you on the bridge about the Bm C. Just listened to the Fest 8 version and beginning of the bridge Page is playing Em D C before the singing starts. I had initially thought the bridge was all just Em C but that was before I actually listened.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

Walker done done

Quote from: jadirusso on March 30, 2010, 04:04:51 PM
Walker.. I agree with you on the bridge about the Bm C. Just listened to the Fest 8 version and beginning of the bridge Page is playing Em D C before the singing starts. I had initially thought the bridge was all just Em C but that was before I actually listened.

I'm @ work right now, but that additional quick D in there could be right now that you mention it.  I'll give it a whirl when I get home.

Loop 3 Boomerang+