Main Menu

Scalpers

Started by sour d, October 24, 2009, 08:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour d

If every ticket sold was "will call only" and the purchaser had to be there on the day of the show to collect their tickets, I think this would put a stop to most of the people buying tickets just to profit. Any ideas why they don't do this? They could still use ticketmaster or live nation or whatever.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

picture_of_nectar

Also if they went back to a mail order lotto system where you had to pay cash up front there would be a lot more tickets available, less people buying them up onvcredit to sell...
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

raisingfreen

Well this is all very frustrating. Another failed attempt at tickets. I have never been able to get tickets either through pre-order or ticketmaster on the on-sale date. I do miss the mail order days. I always got at least some tickets that way. Get up early, get online, be ready and still nothing. It's almost becoming easier and less stressful to just overpay and go though ticket sites that have a markup. I may as well just admit that if I want tickets I will have to pay more as none will be available even if I get ready ahead of time. Anywhoo, anyone have an extra 2 tickets for Cumberland Civic Center? Will pay more than face. Otherwise, now I have no choice but to go with the scalpers.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

Wolfe

two words

doniac schvice.
Set your gearshift to the high gear of your soul!