Attack of the bots!

Started by Poster, December 27, 2009, 10:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

Scott, we are under attack! Ive banned about 6 bots since yesterday! Help!

YouEnjoyMyReba

LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

strangedesign

crap. i think there was some MOD i installed last time to fix this. I'm looking in to it now.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Poster

Man all these adds have me thinking I need a raging erection and a more affordable cell phone plan.

strangedesign

I just installed recaptcha. hopefully that will stop them.

www.strangedesign.org

Poster

It wont let me ban guests, or their IP's, so that one gambling spammer keeps coming back!

strangedesign

i'm not sure how a guest can even post. I just checked the permissions and the only thing a guest can do is view. I guess I am going to have to do some more research on the smf site and figure out another way to stop the spam.

www.strangedesign.org

Wolfe

bots selling some real meds would be something.
Set your gearshift to the high gear of your soul!

strangedesign

Quote from: Wolfe on December 28, 2009, 09:54:51 PM
bots selling some real meds would be something.

no shit...

btw, i was going to download the old theme that we used to have, cerberus, but it is only compatible with version 1.1.7. i think that was part of the problem. i hope the new theme is ok...

www.strangedesign.org

YouEnjoyMyReba

just got this one:

Dear, YouEnjoyMyReba!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://online-antivirus.webcindario.com/online-scanner/
If you do not pass this test  we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration strangedesign.org

LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

strangedesign

Quote from: YouEnjoyMyReba on April 05, 2010, 09:57:16 PM
just got this one:

Dear, YouEnjoyMyReba!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://online-antivirus.webcindario.com/online-scanner/
If you do not pass this test  we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration strangedesign.org

which member did it come from?

www.strangedesign.org

YouEnjoyMyReba

jadirusso

Yeah I got one of these too from that same person.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

patrickstefanski

Yeah I got one too, damn robits.
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

Walker done done

I just deleted that member along w/ another one that looked suspicious.  Also deleted several that were awaiting approval.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.