T

Started by Poster, December 30, 2009, 12:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

T
S

YouEnjoyMyReba

Quote from: posternutbag on December 30, 2009, 12:13:24 PM
It could be just you switched to a new favorite beverage before you play live.
Pomegranate Blueberry
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

picture_of_nectar

Nice thread!

My rig has evolved into something I love over the last year. I purchased a Rivera Fandango 1x12" 50w amp that I just love. The tone stomps over my old Fender, and I can tune it into a Marshal like crunch machine, a classi Fender Black Face or Tweed sound.

Pedals come and go, but the two biggest permanent improvements to my board have been the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power conditioner, and my Pedal Train board. I'll post up a pic later.

Here is my current rig:

G+L Legacy Strat->Korg Pitchblack Tuner->Garmopat Wah->OD9(silver)->OD9(silver)->Original Ross-> Analogman Mini Chorus->Maxon AD9 (analogman mod) -> Bypass Looper

Bypass-> High Gain Input of my Rivera Fandango Amp
Unbypassed-> Boss DD7 -> Boss RC20 Looper -> Low gain Rivera input or Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue

I have aquired two new pedals and am not sure where they will go in the path yet. Fulltone Mini Dejavibe, and a Fullton Supa-Trem. I'm not exactly sure how I am going to fit them on my board, I am hoping if I remove the Looper and shuffle things a bit they will fit.

I have also yet to discover how these pedals will fit into my playing. Looking for recomendations.

Awaiting my new Guitar: Equator Koa

(Equator haters need not comment)
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Walker done done

Not hating, just wondering why you didn't go w/ an arch top or a carved top?
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

picture_of_nectar

I dunno, I just like it...thats all.

So do you guys that know effects well think the Mini Deja Vibe can replace the Analogman Chorus pedal? The Deja Vibe has a chorus and vibrato
toggle switch, but it's small and hard to get to, not sure if it's realistic to switch between the two while jammin.

Also considering eleminating one or the delay pedal. I like the analog Maxon tone, but I like the features of the DD7(tap tempo, etc).

thoughts?

picture_of_nectar

I LOVE the G+L, the thing is a tank and sounds great, plays great....and I got it for like half the normal retail brand new on ebay. I'm more of a humbucker fan though...I like the Semi-Hollow ASAT alot.

Interesting about the pitchblack. I'll haveta move that into the digital pedal loop I guess.

rbt

if your getting popping sounds means your adding dc to ac . However the v847 sounds neat ,, but i had bob put a wah loop in my switcher  really helps.. as well.

YouEnjoyMyReba

Picture of nectar, nice rig! its beautiful. Are those the settings you use on your OD9s and which one does the signal pass through first?
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

picture_of_nectar

Yem, thanks man!
The OD9 on the right closest to the wah is first. I have it on the high gain setting. That's how Trey runs his, high first, low second.  I read a reasoning for it once, but honestly I can't remember where or exactly what it was. I run the left OD9 with the lower gain more often.

YouEnjoyMyReba

ok thats what im doing.  I dont know if theres a problem with my ts9s but i cant use the one with the high gain settings without the low on one also due to volume.  Is that how urs is?

Edit: After I posted this I noticed you have the level on the high gain OD set low and the low gain OD level set high. Mine are the opposite

picture_of_nectar

Poster, you should post a pic of your floor controller.

Youenjoymyreba,
I had to play with my OD9 volumes quite a bit before I found out what worked, and honestly I still mess with them a lot. I was reading the post in that TS9 thread you posted to yesterday, which says to crank the TS9s to max, and that's what Trey does. Well first off, thats not what Trey does. Second, it works fine with the low gain screamer but with the high gain screamer there is a huge volume jump when you engage it. That post says the compressor tames the jump, but it really doesn't.

Basically the settings in my picture, I can click the first OD9 and there is no noticable volume jump, just some crunch added. The more I ramp up my guitars volume the more distortion I get. I run my Amp on fairly low volumes since I'm playin in my basement and the wife and neighbors arn't needing full jam sessions every day. I think your amp volume as well as the compressor volume all play a big part in where you need your tubescreamers set, and I think every rig is going to be different...and the OD9s may be different then the TS9s!

Here's Treys setting been posted 100 times.

YouEnjoyMyReba

Thanks once again for the knowledge!

jonb52578

gear wise i would say the 3 leaf audio meatball clone... insta-funk and my ashly preamp. makes all my basses sound like...well... my basses!

i have found that getting myself in the right headspace before a gig/session/rehearsal is a big deal. get that ME chill time. then a little bonding with the band. then the jam may commence.

and 4 pounds of space cakes. lol
talking about music is like dancing about architecture

YouEnjoyMyReba

I find that i play a lot better clear minded.  Thats just me though

picture_of_nectar

me too, I am not good enought to get by playing in an altered state. more then on ebeer or on hit and I'm pretty much slop city. I broke my leg skiing into a tree last week and I thought I'd just start playing a ton, but i have been so depressed about it that I'm hardly inspired to pick up the guitar. it's a shame, starting to come around though.