Umm Trey playin the Jackson sneed 'doc on New Years??

Started by fluffhead4020, January 01, 2010, 03:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluffhead4020

About halfway through the new years show Trey pulls out a Christmas green languedoc which had the same finish as the one Jackson Sneed was selling on eBay. could someone help me out on this question?

fluffhead4020

YouEnjoyMyReba

This might be in an older post but i didnt know how to search it.  What has trey changed about his guitar/rig?  Personally i prefer the mid 90s tone but i know things change and musicians evolve and yada yada...
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

fluffhead4020

My favorite languedoc is the cream colored one Trey used late 80's early 90's. I never see him playin it. The last time I saw it moved was by Neil young when he played with Trey at some fund-raiser   

YouEnjoyMyReba

That was a beautiful guitar, its actually the wallpaper on my laptop.  If im not mistaken it was koa wood, correct?
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

fluffhead4020

I know the bass mike plays now is koa, which is dark brown colored, but Maybe treY just got a white colored finish to it. Not Sure

picture_of_nectar

First, there is more then one Green Doc. At least three, because another guy has one and posted pics on PT, Sneeds, and the one Trey has been using. Paul has built 90+ Docs, so there's prolly more then 3 Green ones.  I read somwhere that the Green Doc Trey has been playing is actually Page's But that is unconfirmed. I have also heard Trey has 10 Docs...

Second, Treys original Doc was a flame Maple top with Paduak Sides, back, and neck. It actually had a single coil pick up in the mid position between the two humbuckers.

His current Doc is all Koa, it is the second of two Koa's he's played regularly on stage. You can tell them apart by the neck inlay. And the green one is Maple. The differnce in woods is the fundemental diffference in tone from fall 97, combined wih his Amp selection. I believe Clifford Ball was the end of the blonde Maple, but 97-98 you would see it on stage as his backup.

Also his amps, cabs, and equipment have changed. So all that combined has had an effect on the evolution of his tone.

This site actually has a good overview of Treys different Docs linked on thee home page. Ther is also another blog on the web dedicated to treys tone. Google it.  
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

picture_of_nectar

YouEnjoyMyReba

YouEnjoyMyReba

YouEnjoyMyReba

Oops, i might should have posted that in the audio/video forum.. sorry!

deadbearbobby

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on January 01, 2010, 12:29:03 PM
First, there is more then one Green Doc. At least three, because another guy has one and posted pics on PT, Sneeds, and the one Trey has been using. Paul has built 90+ Docs, so there's prolly more then 3 Green ones.  I read somwhere that the Green Doc Trey has been playing is actually Page's But that is unconfirmed. I have also heard Trey has 10 Docs...

Second, Treys original Doc was a flame Maple top with Paduak Sides, back, and neck. It actually had a single coil pick up in the mid position between the two humbuckers.

His current Doc is all Koa, it is the second of two Koa's he's played regularly on stage. You can tell them apart by the neck inlay. And the green one is Maple. The differnce in woods is the fundemental diffference in tone from fall 97, combined wih his Amp selection. I believe Clifford Ball was the end of the blonde Maple, but 97-98 you would see it on stage as his backup.

Also his amps, cabs, and equipment have changed. So all that combined has had an effect on the evolution of his tone.

This site actually has a good overview of Treys different Docs linked on thee home page. Ther is also another blog on the web dedicated to treys tone. Google it.  

actually, trey's first languedoc was a spruce top with flamed maple sides and i believe either a flame maple back or a walnut back. the paduak was his second. the first languedoc had only 2 knobs and a three way pu selector. the paduak had 3 knobs a threeway and a a mini switch. neil young is seen playing the maple/paduak at farm aid when he plays down by the river with phish. trey let him use his back up guitar.
Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership

picture_of_nectar

You are right, I forgot about the first Doc. But it was Flame Maple Top and Spruce back and sides.
Cheers.

deadbearbobby

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on January 13, 2010, 05:13:09 PM
You are right, I forgot about the first Doc. But it was Flame Maple Top and Spruce back and sides.
Cheers.

:) actually it was a spruce top and maple back and sides. here is a link to the picture:

http://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/images/medium/Catherine%20McGann%20Copyright%202009%2038.JPG

the photo is from 94 i believe, i think this was treys backup at the time.

Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership

picture_of_nectar

Quoteactually it was a spruce top and maple back and sides. here is a link to the picture:

This is whats posted here in the Trey's Rig section on his 'Docs.

QuoteTrey's guitars include:

1. "Old Reliable," Trey's first custom electric guitar. This blonde beauty was built in late1987 for Trey when he told Paul that he wanted a fatter sound. Paul built it from a combination of spruce and maple, with 2 humbuckers and a single coil in the middle. The back and sides are spruce and the top is maple. This became Trey's primary guitar until his next one was built in 1992. When Paul began to build Trey's second guitar, he removed the single coil from the middle, and covered up the hole with plastic. Photos from 1992 show Trey using the spruce guitar with the plastic pickup cover, indicating that construction had begun on #2. When #2 was complete, Old Reliable became his backup guitar.