Previous topic - Next topic

cactuskeeb

Quote from: Walker done done on April 12, 2010, 12:12:42 PM
Quote from: cactuskeeb on April 12, 2010, 10:13:07 AM
Quote from: Walker done done on April 09, 2010, 11:00:40 AM
Quote from: patrickstefanski on April 09, 2010, 10:44:43 AM
i use those alligator 2.0mm graphite ones

they are good.

They are, but they are not graphite, they're a composite material very similar to graphite.  And a whole lot cheaper too!  Either way I really don't think anyone can tell the difference between those and graphite picks, and anyone who says otherwise is fucking high.

There's a huge difference.  When you actually learn how to use the Adamas 2 millimeter picks, you realize how many Trey tones are simply impossible without them.

EDIT: Also, there are two difference kinds of Adamas 2mm graphites: there is one type that's all slick looking and doesn't sound as good as the other type, which is rougher looking but polishes itself where it contacts the strings. 

I like the Modulus 1mm graphites as well.

So you're saying you were high when you wrote this? :o

LOL, j'k. :P

HAHAHA

patrickstefanski

Quote from: cactuskeeb on April 13, 2010, 03:54:01 PM
Quote from: Walker done done on April 12, 2010, 12:12:42 PM
Quote from: cactuskeeb on April 12, 2010, 10:13:07 AM
Quote from: Walker done done on April 09, 2010, 11:00:40 AM
Quote from: patrickstefanski on April 09, 2010, 10:44:43 AM
i use those alligator 2.0mm graphite ones

they are good.

They are, but they are not graphite, they're a composite material very similar to graphite.  And a whole lot cheaper too!  Either way I really don't think anyone can tell the difference between those and graphite picks, and anyone who says otherwise is fucking high.

There's a huge difference.  When you actually learn how to use the Adamas 2 millimeter picks, you realize how many Trey tones are simply impossible without them.

EDIT: Also, there are two difference kinds of Adamas 2mm graphites: there is one type that's all slick looking and doesn't sound as good as the other type, which is rougher looking but polishes itself where it contacts the strings. 

I like the Modulus 1mm graphites as well.

So you're saying you were high when you wrote this? :o

LOL, j'k. :P

HAHAHA

Just want to keep this massive "quote" streak going.
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

strangedesign

Quote from: sour d on April 09, 2010, 02:59:16 PM
If you need adamas 2.0mm picks there is a guy who frequents this site that has quite a few of them. I bought 3 unopened bags of them off him already. I know you know who it is walker. I hope he doesn't mind me posting this link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bag-of-12-Adamas-2mm-Graphite-Guitar-Picks-Jerry-Garcia_W0QQitemZ220585208590QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item335be72b0e
i just bought a bag of these;. auction ended today. I'll give them a whirl, but i;m pretty sure nothing will help me though ;)
i don't think i've played a guitar in 3 or 4 months. 2 babies, a wife and 50 hours a week at the office = no guitar time.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

strato

I have a ton of the hard to find Adamas 2mm graphite picks, the ones Trey uses and Jerry made famous.  Email me at strato72000@yahoo.com if you are interested in buying some.  Thanks!

Happyorange27

Quote from: strato on August 23, 2010, 06:04:36 PM
I have a ton of the hard to find Adamas 2mm graphite picks, the ones Trey uses and Jerry made famous.  Email me at strato72000@yahoo.com if you are interested in buying some.  Thanks!

Alright, strato is hooking me up with a couple of picks to test drive.  We will see if it makes a significant impact.  By the way this is my first post of many to come.  I've been reading as many of these threads as possible this past week before I was granted a username.  Now that I'm on, I'm ready to learn and be chastized by Yoda:)  Seriously this site rules.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex