Main Menu

Virus PM?

Started by picture_of_nectar, January 30, 2010, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weirimpressed

I've gotten five-six of these in the past month or so, the last one looked like this:

Dear, weirimpressed!

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here: http://www.total-scan.com/detected/weirimpressed
This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thank you. Yours truly, Curtis Collins.

This is from the same guy as above. Are you getting the same messages? I dont even post here, just check out rig information.

strangedesign

I'm sorry about this. We have some spammers that keep getting accounts and sending out this spam. We are trying \to ban them and their IP addresses as soon as it happens. Please let us know when you receive these and we will ban the account. Also, please do not click any links in these PM's.

Thanks,
sd
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

aoguitars

yeah, these are getting bad...got four or five of them two days ago.
ao

Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com

strangedesign

I just banned another member for this. Eddie Trr
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

picture_of_nectar

Hey guys,
Beware of these emails or pop ups claiming to be security or protection software. It goes into the registry and fucks everything up. My small busines's main desk computer got hit by it and froze the thing up bad.

Obviously if you see these emails/pm's or threads (on any forum) or especialy a popup out of nowhere that says there is a security threat....Don't click it!

The popups can come from accidentally clicking on a banner add that many forums have. The PT forum board had some and I think people with laptops and clueless people clicked on the banner without knowing. I allways click by accident using the mouse pad on my laptop, and this happened at home. Started getting a flood of security warnings, each one with some bogus link to click. 

DON'T EVEN CLICK the red box in the popup, this is bogus, you need to open the task maneger and end your browser session.

Next if you don't have Malwarebytes yet, download it free. Update your current version, or after it downloads and run a full scan. The thing is once the virus is in your registry it doesn't allow malwarebytes or any anti-virus program to run. If this happens restart your system in safe mode and run malwarebytes before windows opens.
here is a thread on it:
http://www.phantasytour.com/phish/boards_thread.cgi?threadID=2209604&page=1

here is an info page on the many versions of this virus:
www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-internet-secu rity-2010

I dunno what the virus pm is...but I am guessing it's in there^^^^^

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone