M

Started by Poster, February 03, 2010, 12:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

M
T

YouEnjoyMyReba

excuse me while i clean the nut off of my computer
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

jadirusso

Wow.. very nice.. I need to get me a custom built guitar similar to yours. I live in Mass so maybe someday I'll have to pop up to Maine and see what AO  can do for me.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

picture_of_nectar

I am curious what it cost. Can understand if you don't wanna post it, but maybe PM me? Looks awesome.

Does he only do bolt on necks?

cute Alien puppy!
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

ColForbin

I can take care of the last question for you, he also does through necks at an extra cost.

Killer axe poster, she's fucking gorgeous!!
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

aoguitars

I primarily build bolt-ons, due to the fact that I think they sound the best--I find them to be the clearest and snappiest guitars. I've always been a Fender guy. Plus, it's nice to be able to build a new neck for a guitar after it's been smashed on the road or by an airline.

Having said that, though, I'll build anything.
ao

Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com

ColForbin

Hey brother!!  (This Ashley from PEI) Welcome to the forum!!!
Current rig: 
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp

Walker done done

Poster, I believe AO is using the same cases now that Resurrection uses, and if so, those cases are sooo diesel.  Rug-ged.  And just downright hot looking.  It's not commonplace where when you walk in the room and your guitar case is the thing that turns heads, but this one does just that.  When I first got my guitar, I half thought there was gonna be a Tommy Gun in it - they look like something you'd get from the mob.  Defintely a worthy case for a worthy axe. 

But I have to say, your pics leave a lot to be desired.  Give these boys here some better snapshots, that guitar deserves to be shown off.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

ColForbin

Quote from: Walker done done on February 04, 2010, 10:20:12 AM
But I have to say, your pics leave a lot to be desired.  Give these boys here some better snapshots, that guitar deserves to be shown off.

AGREED!!!!  I can't very well put these pictures on my bedroom ceiling now can I?
Current rig: 

jadirusso

Hey Poster if you could send me a ballpark(PM) on how much this guitar cost you to build that'd be great. Trying to plan a budget for my own custom guitar.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185

Walker done done

Quote from: jadirusso on February 04, 2010, 01:54:47 PM
Hey Poster if you could send me a ballpark(PM) on how much this guitar cost you to build that'd be great. Trying to plan a budget for my own custom guitar.

You know you guys could always just email/call AO yourself - he makes himself very available, and I'm pretty sure HE could give you a better idea on cost once you lay down to him what you're looking for.  Just a thought.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

jadirusso

Very true.. guess I was thinking that having an idea of the cost of poster's would help me have a better idea of what I want.
Joe

Walker done done

Quote from: jadirusso on February 04, 2010, 04:37:43 PM
Very true.. guess I was thinking that having an idea of the cost of poster's would help me have a better idea of what I want.

Well I was gonna tell you to tell him that Benny sent you over if it helps you break the ice, but since he's on here now, that's kind of pointless.  Sort of like this post, actually  :D

Loop 3 Boomerang+

aoguitars

Who knows...maybe telling me that Benny sent you will help you, maybe it won't.  :-\

But indeed, if you're curious at all, jadirusso, feel free to email me or call and we can talk.
ao

Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com

aoguitars

ao

Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com