Check out this cheap hollowbody

Started by GonePhishing46, February 16, 2010, 05:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GonePhishing46

I was doing some eBay browsing at work yesterday to look at some hollowbody/semi-hollow guitars and stumbled across one made by some random company called Davison. The one on eBay had a sunburst finish, which didn't look too appealing... I searched on Google and found this one.

http://musiciansdiscountwarehouse.com/arflmanewels1.html

$199.95 with free shipping. If anyone doesn't want to spend alot on a hollowbody or semi-hollow, but still wants one just to mess around on, maybe this will interest you. I read some reviews and they were hit and miss. Since its a cheap manufacturer, these guitars probably wont be what you want right when you get it, but some of the reviews said just change out the tuners, have the frets adjusted, and change the pickups to make it a surprisingly good sounding guitar. I don't have a hollowbody yet so I might give it a shot... I'm going to get a good hollowbody in the future anyways. If this doesn't work out, not much money lost.
Custom Hollowbody -> TS-10 -> TS-9 modded -> Ross Compressor -> Whammy II (True Bypass) -> Tuner -> Black Cat Vibe -> Alesis Quadraverb -> Groove Tubes Soul-O-75 -> Groove Tubes 4x10 Cabinet || Hammond Leslie

GonePhishing46

Oh yeah, I also found these a while back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DILLION-DR-450-Semi-hollow-body_W0QQitemZ260549753911QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3ca9f9bc37

They're supposed to be great guitars just nobody has heard about them. Plus they have 24 frets which is a big selling point to me. AAA Flamed maple top! Look like pretty guitars to me.
Custom Hollowbody -> TS-10 -> TS-9 modded -> Ross Compressor -> Whammy II (True Bypass) -> Tuner -> Black Cat Vibe -> Alesis Quadraverb -> Groove Tubes Soul-O-75 -> Groove Tubes 4x10 Cabinet || Hammond Leslie

Walker done done

Quote from: GonePhishing46 on February 16, 2010, 06:01:04 PM
Oh yeah, I also found these a while back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DILLION-DR-450-Semi-hollow-body_W0QQitemZ260549753911QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3ca9f9bc37

They're supposed to be great guitars just nobody has heard about them. Plus they have 24 frets which is a big selling point to me. AAA Flamed maple top! Look like pretty guitars to me.

For the price that doesn't look too shabby.  Won't know until you play it though.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

dillon's ARE great guitars.

youll need to swap out all the hardware, pups, pots, jack, knobs, tuners, nut, maybe even a little fret work.

but i used to play one, and they do kickass with some rowdy pups and a little love.

:0) I might buy one for a backup geet :0)

cactuskeeb

Quote from: posternutbag on March 28, 2010, 02:29:53 PM
dillon's ARE great guitars.

youll need to swap out all the hardware, pups, pots, jack, knobs, tuners, nut, maybe even a little fret work.

but i used to play one, and they do kickass with some rowdy pups and a little love.

:0) I might buy one for a backup geet :0)

Could we please refrain from hyping Dillon guitars, PLEASE?  And why do you need a backup guitar?  Is Andrew Olsen's guitar going to fail on you on stage?  Is that a concern?  Seriously...

Poster

^ true. Ive already got 7, so it really wouldnt fill a shoe at the moment.

Although I do like that trashy black maple stain thing they got going on. :0) Great for getting shit faced and flinging something around over my head

patrickstefanski

Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11