Bob Bradshaw's "legacy"...

Started by cactuskeeb, April 01, 2010, 04:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactuskeeb

http://www.customaudioelectronics.com/bradshaw_legacy

Has anyone seen this page yet, and not laughed out loud at the bullshit on the bottom of the page, about him supposedly inventing (the idea of) pedalboard systems?  My personal favorite is the black and white photos at the bottom of the page... 'yeah, that'll make em look old'  ;D 
'And the controller on shag carpet, that'll fool em'...
'Oh, and no one will notice the modern surge protector (power strip)'...

Poster

Well i think its now safe to say

that dick couldnt find his way out of a wet paper bag.

:-*

Go build another boost with dunlop you troll.

cactuskeeb

:D

Five-hundred bucks says he shot that short film of Trey's "backup rig" several months ago, not back in '95 or '96.

Poster

^  :D

Typically, I would doubt that scenario, but we are talking about one of the biggest douches on our planet, so....

+1

patrickstefanski

who's bob bradshaw and why is he a douche?
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

raisingfreen

He is a douche that is making some pretty good cash doing what he does best however. How many of us can actually say that. I did not understand at first why he does not sell his stuff separately (or rather make it more available), but then realized it makes sense as he can custom tailor each piece in the system to meet the needs of the customer as well as work on his own terms (not getting overbooked etc...). I bet if you have the money he returns the phone calls and is probably a good businessman. I would also bet he gets a million emails about other artists rigs and how much they cost etc... Can you imagine the questions he must have to field over and over again?

That said, I did notice how in some of the vid's he was quite simply... kind of a dick. Specifically the one where he is helping the guy with the wet/dry/wet.

I would not mind having some of his knowledge though.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

picture_of_nectar

I don't understand where the resentment comes from...
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Poster

LOL you guys dont have a moooo.  ::)

cactuskeeb

Walker done done

It's true, 'keeb, none of us have farm animals.   ;D ;)
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

cactuskeeb

I'm agreeing with what I think he said before you modded him... :)

Seriously, you guys justifying Bob don't have a moo; the man is a bastard.

cactuskeeb

Quote from: patrickstefanski on April 01, 2010, 04:33:50 PM
who's bob bradshaw and why is he a douche?

Hi, Pat.  Here's your answer:

Poster

Walker done done

I don't think there's any question that this is the most obscene picture a human being has ever had taken of themselves.  Someone should burn all copies of it and never speak of it again.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

cactuskeeb

Quote from: Walker done done on April 03, 2010, 03:22:56 PM
I don't think there's any question that this is the most obscene picture a human being has ever had taken of themselves.  Someone should burn all copies of it and never speak of it again.

I agree.  I think there's no doubt this photo was taken the day before Grunge broke through into the mainstream.  I mean, that hair is literally the very height of late eighties, early nineties hair metal excess.