2010 summer Phish pics (some Trey gear)

Started by Walker done done, July 05, 2010, 06:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Hi guys,

Below are the pics I was able to snap @ MPP2.  Not the best as I said, but not the worst either.  I need to get a better camera!  If you copy the pic & zoom in, you can see where Trey's knob settings are on the Boogie.  Because of the great gear post the other day (that clearly showed most of the knobs), the only one that we really benefit from seeing is the Lead Master, which looks to be set around 2-3, and the Reverb, which looks to be around 6-7, which I found a little bit surprising.

Walfredo:

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

Also, if you look in the pics you'll notice that computer/TV screen directly in front of Trey.  The box-looking monitor thing.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

ShockedAndPersuaded

Great pics indeed!  Wish I could've made that show as well.  As for the high verb settings, on those Boogies if you footswitch the reverb off it is still slightly "on".  It's a real subtle verb and then when you footswitch it on it is super wet.  Some folks liked this option and some didn't.  If your Boogie doesn't do that then it has been modded.  If it was from the factory I think there should be an "R" in black jiffy marker on the back of the chassis.
Guitars: 4 custom built, '79 LP standard, '69 ES 355, '83 LP Jr, '02 PRS HB II, '99 Strat>Bypass looper: Whammy II>Clyde Deluxe Wah>Maxon OD9Pro+>Cusack Tap-A-Whirl>Deja Vibe>Neo Ventilator>Fuchs TDS 100
Effects Loop: DD-7(short)>DD-7(long)

ColForbin

Ok, so I know this has been discussed to death and everybody here probably knows this but me.  However, is Trey still using that SMS tube preamp that he was using or is it just straight up Boogie and HT cab?
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

Walker done done

Loop 3 Boomerang+

jadirusso

Walker.. I thought he had only really used the SMS for one show? It doesn't show up in the pics of his stuff from this summer tour on that proaudiostar webpage that someone posted on here.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

ColForbin

Quote from: jadirusso on July 30, 2010, 08:46:36 AM
Walker.. I thought he had only really used the SMS for one show? It doesn't show up in the pics of his stuff from this summer tour on that proaudiostar webpage that someone posted on here.

that's what I'm wondering,....and why i'm confused.

Trey's smaller-than-usual rack currently features the following units:

Furman M8-L Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-2 Rackmount Tuner
Vintage Ibanez DM2000 Digital Delay
Custom Audio Electronics (CAE) Black Cat Vibe
CAE Super Tremolo
Alesis NanoVerb (x2, 1 set for delay, one set for Room reverb)
Alesis Microverb set to a gated reverb
CAE 4×4 Switcher
Current rig: 
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp

Walker done done

Loop 3 Boomerang+

ColForbin

So.....by the process of elimination is he now running the mesa into the hard truckers cab?
Current rig: 

Walker done done

Quote from: ColForbin on August 03, 2010, 03:44:44 PM
So.....by the process of elimination is he now running the mesa into the hard truckers cab?

Apologize for the nit-picking here but it's not a HT cab, its a customer-made cab by Langeudoc.  HT does make similar ones.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Walker done done

Quote from: ColForbin on July 30, 2010, 09:07:58 AM

Trey's smaller-than-usual rack currently features the following units:

Furman M8-L Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-2 Rackmount Tuner
Vintage Ibanez DM2000 Digital Delay
Custom Audio Electronics (CAE) Black Cat Vibe
CAE Super Tremolo
Alesis NanoVerb (x2, 1 set for delay, one set for Room reverb)
Alesis Microverb set to a gated reverb
CAE 4×4 Switcher

not only this...but I just realized this shot has a crystal clear pic of the settings on the DM2000 (sweet)....which I don't believe I've seen before.  Same for the Microverb, but I wanna say there's one on this site that has a decent shot, or at least enough to discern what's what.  I copied the pic and you can easily zoom on both.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

ShockedAndPersuaded

His cab is definitely NOT a HT cab.  It was built by Paul back in the day.   While its materials have never been discussed I have been in the woodworking business for 18 yrs and it looks like just good old fashioned cabinet grade pine to me.  Pine tends to lend to a woodier, reedier type of tone as opposed to Baltic Birch which tends be a little brighter and boomier.   I'm curious about what speakers he has in his cab.  I read he used to have Vintage 30s in it but that was in the 90s.  If he is still using those then he also has a leg up with those sweetly broken in speakers. 8)  That's just my 2 cents. :)
Guitars: 4 custom built, '79 LP standard, '69 ES 355, '83 LP Jr, '02 PRS HB II, '99 Strat>Bypass looper: Whammy II>Clyde Deluxe Wah>Maxon OD9Pro+>Cusack Tap-A-Whirl>Deja Vibe>Neo Ventilator>Fuchs TDS 100

ColForbin

I'm sorry I called it a hard truckers cab.  I should know that it isn't seeing as I own one myself, they are clearly not the same.  Trey did purchase a HT cab however, and was using it for a while with TAB, but I digress..... 

Back to my original question, are we assuming that he is just running the mesa into the cab these days???

Current rig: 

ShockedAndPersuaded

Quote from: ColForbin on August 05, 2010, 09:31:10 AM
I'm sorry I called it a hard truckers cab.  I should know that it isn't seeing as I own one myself, they are clearly not the same.  Trey did purchase a HT cab however, and was using it for a while with TAB, but I digress..... 

Col just to be clear I wasn't trying to be a dick and expound my "knowledge" upon you.  If you took it that way then my apologies to you. 

As for your original question i would say its safe to, dare i say, assume that he is running directly into the Langeudoc cab.  Then again that would be too easy and wouldn't leave anything for us to ponder over :D