I really hope...

Started by Walker done done, July 16, 2010, 11:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

...I get a Buffalo Bill in Telluride.  That's all.  Carry on. ;D
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

beebs

So you want to get buffalo billed in Telluride huh?
Ibanez SR300 Bass -> SWR Workingman's 15 Combo
Ibanez AS80 -> GCB -> TS-9 -> CS-3 -> RP3 -> Superchamp XD

Walker done done

Quote from: beebs on July 17, 2010, 02:39:49 AM
So you want to get buffalo billed in Telluride huh?

I'm a little dissapointed; I'm all for a good humor, but that was pathetic mate.  If that's the best you can do, you might as well = :-X
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

beebs

Humor aside, what exactly is "buffalo billed"? As in "tied to a log, bent over, buffalo billed."

Walker done done

LOL....I can only guess it's something we don't want to have happen to us. 

According to the Urban Dictionary: to have someone start a converstion with you and you cant seem to escape it.
"holy crap, I was at the office the other day and larry from accounting completely buffalo billed me into talking about his kids soccer league." 

Funny, yes, but I don't think this definition applies here. 

And then there's this website that comes up when you google "buffalo billed".  Kinda weird...http://www.debtrotter.com/.  Basically describes it as getting a fake mustache and goetee put on your face to look like the old Buffalo Bill Cody.  But I don't think this quite captures the essence of our beloved song, either.

And then there's this funny article, which remarks about how one ranchers bufflo were billed as being healthy to once again eat (read the headline): http://subscribers.supermarketnews.com/mag/fred_meyers_buffalo/wall.html?return=http://subscribers.supermarketnews.com/mag/fred_meyers_buffalo/  Again, I think we're falling short here. 

So, what have we learned?  Nothing, really.   :D  But rest assured, I don't think anyone wants to be Buffalo Billed anytime soon.  Unless of course getting Buffalo Billed means hearing the song in Telluride, in which case I'd gladly get Buffalo Billed.

I have a t-shirt I boughton lot that says "Buffalo Bill Rolling Papers.....hoping to lighten the tension."

Loop 3 Boomerang+

beebs

Ah, lot shirts. I remember coming up with countless ideas with my friends in college. Too bad I don't remember any of them. I really need to get out and hit a show or two. It doesn't really seem like it's been 6 years.

I've always have an erie feeling when hearing the end of Buffalo Bill. Next time someone here gets to meet Trey, they out to ask him what it means. Hopefully you won't receive a scowl.

patrickstefanski

i'm almost certain that getting "buffalo billed' is getting banged in the ass, male to male, non-consensual
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

Walker done done

Quote from: patrickstefanski on July 19, 2010, 10:42:39 PM
non-consensual

Bwaaaahahahahahahaaa!!!  That was the funniest part of the whole thing.  At first I'm reading like "well no shit, this post was pretty useless, not really shedding any ligh....aahahahaahhahahahahahaha!!!!!" 

Loop 3 Boomerang+