Main Menu

'Doc on the way

Started by picture_of_nectar, July 29, 2010, 11:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picture_of_nectar

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

sour d

I'm curious what you get for case candy with a 'doc. A hand written letter from paul? Stickers? An allen wrench?
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

picture_of_nectar

Not a lot of case candy. Paul turf a couple notes, one is a warrenty, one is a diagram oh the controls. There is a special truss tool for his custom double truss rod.

Happyorange27

Pretty man!  I see you were up late with it.  I would be too.  One baby delivered yesterday; another in a several months.  Congratulations on many levels my friends.  If you have a wife that let's you spend that kind of cash on a guitar, you have a keeper.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

jadirusso

Looks very nice. But we need more pics, a review and maybe some audio if you can  :)
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

patrickstefanski

Quote from: jadirusso on September 30, 2010, 09:12:53 AM
Looks very nice. But we need more pics, a review and maybe some audio if you can  :)

i'll take it one step further and say that you should let each forum member borrow it for a week
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

picture_of_nectar

LOL, sure I'll ship it right over!

I was up late with it, met up with the guys down at the jam spot. Holy ahizzle, the sounds this thing is capable of are crazy!

Gunna try for some better pics ttoday in better light and may a clip if I can pull a good recording.

Thanks for all the kind words, life is good!

raisingfreen

Nectar, can you tell what shape the neck of the Doc has...ie...soft V, V, C (standard fender), U, fat gibson, standard gibson (thin/wide) etc.... Does he make all the necks the same or does the buyer have a preference as to the shape? I always wondered what the neck shape's were on the docs.

Also what does the switching sound sound like? does it really make a big difference in sound based on how its wired. ie... coil drop switch, and series/parallel switch? Just wondering if it sounds familiar or maybe there is something slightly different.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

picture_of_nectar

Feels pretty much like a Fender Medium C shape to me. I own a G+L with that carve and it's nearly identical. I think he carves necks one way, but I didn't ask. I figured I'd like what he gave me. I play on like 4-5 different shaped necks so Im use to adapting.

There are 8 pick up combinations. The three way switch...and you can coil drop each of those. Then the serries switch bypasses the 3way switch and that can also be coil dropped, which is a cool kinda stratty tone. I'm not very good at describing tones, it covers a lot of ground.

I usually don't like Bridge pickups much cause often I find them thin and nasaly...which just doesn't sound musical to my ears, not this one...it's equaly as sweet as the neck.

Poster

picture, you should order yourself the Lee Jackson Metaltronix guitar setup dvd series. That guitar is epic, but will need constant maintenance, more so than any other guitar you have ever played. Id get a whole Stew Mac guitar setup bench for her... Every time the seasons change, you'll probably want to be carefully tweaking the neck, to keep her in the sweet spot. Also if you can, get an armitage case to maintain decent humidity controlled storage. Should help you out in the long run with all of your guitars, and protect you main investment immediately.

picture_of_nectar

Thanks for the advice poster! I will look that stuff up, appreciate it. I am lucky to have a high end tech right in my neighborhood whom I trust to make any adjustments. I also have a humidified guitar room that is below grade so it maintains a pretty consistant temperature...sort of my "man cave" so to speak, allthough my daughters will be rapidly encroaching on it. I have considered having a humidity controlled glass wall display case built.  

For anybody interested I have posted some more impressions over at thegearpage.net Small Luthier forum in the Languedoc Guitars thread.

Walker done done

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on October 01, 2010, 12:18:20 PM
For anybody interested I have posted some more impressions over at thegearpage.net Small Luthier forum in the Languedoc Guitars thread.

Link?
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

picture_of_nectar

aoguitars

that thing looks incredible! well done, PON...you have one hell of a gorgeous axe, right there.
ao

Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com

picture_of_nectar