New AO Guitars business cards!

Started by patrickstefanski, August 09, 2010, 12:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrickstefanski

Hey guys.  
Andrew and I have just been working on some new business cards for his shop.  I have to say, probably one of the most fun things I have worked on in a while.  They came out pretty cool so we decided to post them here as a shameless plug for both of us.  

The idea was to do a suite of business cards featuring a few of his guitars.  Since most of his guitars use a few different types of woods in the body, I figured we can use his wood combos as the template for the design.  Then we went with a two side concept in a vertical format.  The front features the guitar and the back has all the info.

Here are the final two cards which are being printed pretty soon!

And the back...

Check out my blog ( http://blog.patrickstefanski.com/2010/07/ao-guitars-business-card-design.html )  to see all the drafts/other cards that didn't make the cut.

Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

YouEnjoyMyReba

those look awesome! and the guitars are sexy as hell!
i might just cave in here soon...
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

patrickstefanski

yeah, doing these pretty much made up my mind on ordering a bass when my current guit is done.
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

patrickstefanski

Also, we did a new label for the inside of his acoustic/hollowbody instruments...

Current Rig:

jadirusso

Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

aoguitars

I don't know how I totally missed commenting on this, but apparently I did. I'm too busy to be dicking around on the computer, but alas, I get lazy here and there.

So, I can't say enough about Patrick's work here. I'm totally in love with these cards, and I'm positive that we'll be joining forces on some more cool stuff in the future. If you haven't already, check out his blog and the updates on the guitar I'm working on for him (and the bass to be named later) to see the other cool shit he's producing. Very impressive stuff.
ao

Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com

Stiles12

Hey guys,

I was looking for some sound clips of some of these guitars and I actually ran into someone using an AO plaing some phish tunes...

Dont know if this has been around a while or if this is one of you on this forum but decided it might be a good Idea considering we all love these guitars and the trey tone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VUYkp1Xm9c&feature=related
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

patrickstefanski

that dude actually owns the guitar on the second card.  (the purpleheart one).

if you watch the video "Chalkdust at Kings 2004" in his uploads, you can hear some pretty solid Trey tones.

Also, posternutbag plays an AO and just uploaded a bunch of new audio to his website  thebmgs.com
Current Rig:

Walker done done

Well the video sucks as you can't even see the damn thing, but geez the audio is sure good.  Guitar sounds great!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

aoguitars

Hilarious! That video was from back in '04, I think, during a college reunion. That was the first time we played together in several years...and I say "we" cuz that's me on the bass. I was just finishing up my time building MTD basses, and that's the 6 string I built before I left. That video was taken with a handheld job by a friend, and being that it was a college reunion, there wasn't much sobriety to be found, so he's all over the place. There is another video of that same show of our hit single "Cucumber in the Disco Pants," where I believe there is some better footage of the guitar. However, if you check out my buddy's other videos, he gets going playing Phish tunes with his crazy lightshow in his house...again, you can't see the guitar but you sure can hear it.

And Stiles, I'm in the beginning processes of revamping the website with our friend Patrick, and there will be video and audio footage of the guitars on the new site. 
ao

Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com

Duhigg

Nice tones for sure!  He was getting some of those bell like harmonic tones that just sound tasty!

Do you recall what type of amp and speakers he was running thru?

P.S.  Great looking business cards!
Cort CL-1500>Keeley comp>Qtron>Mosfet Fulldrive>808>Boss Phaser>Ibanez AD-9(83')>Boss RC-3>Volume Pedal>J.DiChiara Amp Custom 210 35w Country Bluesman

aoguitars

yeah, he's running through a similar version of Trey's chain (2xTS-9s, Ross Comp, Ibanez DM-2000, some of my custom cables, etc) into a Mesa DC-3 with a Celestion Vintage 30.

And that guitar is completely solid...some 31 pieces of wood in the body alone. Just shows that you don't absolutely need a hollowbody to make some of that stuff happen.
ao

Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com

Happyorange27

Quote from: aoguitars on September 14, 2010, 11:06:54 AM
Just shows that you don't absolutely need a hollowbody to make some of that stuff happen.

Wow, I needed to hear this.  Now I feel like I still have a fighting chance.  That guitar in the video is convincing too!  See I've got the Sustainiac which can make up for the absence of a hollow body as far as infinite sustain goes.  Also, my sustain is 100% predictable and controllable, unlike a hollow body where it depends on how loud the speakers are and where you are located and such.  At least that's how i justify my small bean operation:)
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Duhigg

Quote from: aoguitars on September 14, 2010, 11:06:54 AM
yeah, he's running through a similar version of Trey's chain (2xTS-9s, Ross Comp, Ibanez DM-2000, some of my custom cables, etc) into a Mesa DC-3 with a Celestion Vintage 30.

And that guitar is completely solid...some 31 pieces of wood in the body alone. Just shows that you don't absolutely need a hollowbody to make some of that stuff happen.

Thanks for the insight dude!  Keep up the fantastic work on the guitars.  I may be giving you the nod some day soon if I'm ever able to sell my Carvin DC400a that is Jerry-fied!

Oh on another note I see you know Mike Wald AKA Waldo from the RUKIND board huh!  That dude is the man and super knowledgable!  I have a couple of his Tiger buffer cloans in my strat and the DC400 above!
Cort CL-1500>Keeley comp>Qtron>Mosfet Fulldrive>808>Boss Phaser>Ibanez AD-9(83')>Boss RC-3>Volume Pedal>J.DiChiara Amp Custom 210 35w Country Bluesman

sour d

Quote from: Duhigg on September 15, 2010, 02:22:29 PM
I have a couple of his Tiger buffer cloans in my strat
Where can I get one of those? I'd like to put one in my phiga.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe