Main Menu

My amp situation

Started by ColForbin, August 19, 2010, 08:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

just call my friend Robert at tube debot and get 2 matched sets of tubes. there are located here local to me, and are great friends, great people. Carry one set in a case to gigs along with a fuse or two. If you have a bad tube, simply put in your matched set, and turn the thing on. Much lighter than carrying a backup, cheaper too.

ColForbin

Cool man, I'll talk to them for sure.  I am a touch concerned about the shipping from Tennessee to PEI, Canada, there might be a cheaper way to do it, but I'll ask them about that.

Cheers.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

Poster

Quote from: ColForbin on July 21, 2011, 12:48:00 PM
Cool man, I'll talk to them for sure.  I am a touch concerned about the shipping from Tennessee to PEI, Canada, there might be a cheaper way to do it, but I'll ask them about that.

Cheers.

They are probably the largest / best in the business of vacuum tubes, and ship worldwide everyday! Theyll take care of you man. And all of those dudes are beastly guitar players, just monsters.

fulltone1989

Eurotubes is located in oregon, I don't have a map in front of me so I am not certain of Canada's geography. They buy European tubes so they're familiar with shipping long distances, shipping tubes isn't that difficult either.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Walker done done

Quote from: tomasmaclennan on July 21, 2011, 04:02:45 PM
Eurotubes is located in oregon, I don't have a map in front of me so I am not certain of Canada's geography. They buy European tubes so they're familiar with shipping long distances, shipping tubes isn't that difficult either.

Quote of the month, right there. :D
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

fulltone1989

Quote from: Walker done done on July 22, 2011, 11:44:27 AM
Quote from: tomasmaclennan on July 21, 2011, 04:02:45 PM

Quote of the month, right there. :D

?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

Walker done done

I thought your quote was funny.  Actually, I thought you were joking when you were saying you didn't have a map, but in re-reading it, I may have interpreted what you were saying incorrectly.  I thought you were maknig a joke saying that since you didn't have a map, you couldn't confirm where Canada was on a map (in terms of its proximity to the U.S.)
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

raisingfreen

So just so we are clear, Oregon is not in Canada?
Does this mean there are really only 48 states or is it 52?

AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

ColForbin

I find it funny too, but for weird and different reasons.  Allow me to clear up a few things:

1)  I believe tomas meant that he wasn't familiar where PEI was located in Canada, which in his defense, I've ran into people from Quebec who didn't know PEI was a part of Canada.  But they are from Quebec and thus, wankers.  (for the most part)
2)  No, Oregon is not in Canada.
3)  Oregon is approximately 3600 miles from PEI, Tennessee is 1770 miles, by far the preference.  (I even did the conversion from kilometers to miles for you dudes, aren't I a fella?)
4)  I find it funny because the government and therefore the education system in Canada loves the States so much, that there is a significant amount of time spent on the USA geography.  But the reverse is not true, with our 10 provinces and two territories, it's a bit much.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

fulltone1989

Quote from: ColForbin on July 22, 2011, 01:37:47 PM
I find it funny too, but for weird and different reasons.  Allow me to clear up a few things:

1)  I believe tomas meant that he wasn't familiar where PEI was located in Canada, which in his defense, I've ran into people from Quebec who didn't know PEI was a part of Canada.  But they are from Quebec and thus, wankers.  (for the most part)
2)  No, Oregon is not in Canada.
3)  Oregon is approximately 3600 miles from PEI, Tennessee is 1770 miles, by far the preference.  (I even did the conversion from kilometers to miles for you dudes, aren't I a fella?)
4)  I find it funny because the government and therefore the education system in Canada loves the States so much, that there is a significant amount of time spent on the USA geography.  But the reverse is not true, with our 10 provinces and two territories, it's a bit much.

I wasn't sure as to PEI's location in Canada, but I thought Walker was poking fun at my "eurotubes ships european tubes" comment, which is rather redundant now that I look back on it.

Back to your amp though, you should be able to find a replacement rectifier tube at one of your local shops, or Le guitar center if they have them near you. The LSS are dark-sounding I guess, but they're cleans match up with a Blackface's clean circuit pretty well. I personally am just a fan of the pedals+nice clean platform for OD. The LSS has a nice effects loop though btw, with bypass switching in case you have loud effectors. The supersonica has an on/off effects loop as well...

The Kraz rocks a LSS, and that with a Zendrive or RAT sounds pretty kick ass dumbly like.