Help with DM2000? Can't figure some stuff out

Started by PlayItLeo17, August 24, 2010, 02:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayItLeo17

Hey guys, I got my DM2000 in the mail. I plugged it in and the delay isn't what i thought it would be. There is actually a delay in the time my notes come out from when I play them, Is that supposed to happen? I use to the pedals that play your notes then follow with your repeats and so forth. Also I used a old channel selector and used the hold and mod function....this is were I get lost. The hold function, when i tap my pedal on cuts my signal and repeats the last notes i played...normal?? Also the modulation is actually really cool, when you just put the delay on .02 it gets a nice osculation type sounds. Long story short, what can ya'll say to help me get use to this thing and whats a good cheap pedal I can get to engage the HOLD and MOD function. THANKS!

:o 8)
Surrender to the Flow

Brian27

What jack is your output cable in? is your output at a good level? Have you got your Dry and Delay knobs set where the delay and dry are both coming out?

Brian27

you need to get a few Boss FS-5L's. Also you need to put your DM2000 into a True Bypass loop

patrickstefanski

Quote from: Brian27 on August 24, 2010, 09:14:12 PM
you need to get a few Boss FS-5L's. Also you need to put your DM2000 into a True Bypass loop

can you explain the true bypass loop? how do you set it up?
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

Brian27

Get a Radial big shot EFX loop switcher. The output cable from you effect before the DM2000 needs to go into the imput jack of the loop Switcher. Connect your imput cable from your DM2000 and connect it to the  send 1 then take the output cable and connect it to the return 1. Run a cable from the output jack of the loop switcher to the next desired effect.  Here is some info on this amazing switcher http://www.radialeng.com/re-bigshot-efx.htm

sour d

Quote from: Brian27 on August 25, 2010, 11:53:06 AM
Get a Radial big shot EFX loop switcher. The output cable from you effect before the DM2000 needs to go into the imput jack of the loop Switcher. Connect your imput cable from your DM2000 and connect it to the  send 1 then take the output cable and connect it to the return 1. Run a cable from the output jack of the loop switcher to the next desired effect.  Here is some info on this amazing switcher http://www.radialeng.com/re-bigshot-efx.htm
Here's a less expensive option that I have listed on ebay. I used a radial big shot for a long time too. Those work great as well. No indicator lights though.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280553049984&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Brian27

Usually indicator lights mean batteries or a AC Adapter which is why i chose the Big Shot

sour d

Quote from: Brian27 on August 25, 2010, 04:20:56 PM
Usually indicator lights mean batteries or a AC Adapter which is why i chose the Big Shot
yup
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe