Hey Guys

Started by phishlips, September 14, 2010, 03:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phishlips

Hey fellas, my name is Tim.  I've been on this site lots over the last few years but just recently registered.  It's a great site, lots and lots of very useful info.  Thanks for putting everything on here. 

I play in a cover band in Northern NJ, this band has been together for about 5 years or so.  We do a lot of phish, dead, stevie wonder, beatles, funky meters, and even some three dog night lately, to name a few.  Anything that keeps people moving and entertains us too.  I like that you guys are mostly gearheads, it seems anyway.

I play through a late sixty's Fender Super.  Pedals lately have been, two moded tubescreamers, ross compressor, RMC3, ibanez analog delay (pink one), and thats about it lately.  Have lots of other effects llike a mutron, and DM2000, and flangers, chorus pedals and on and on and on, but they don't all make it out with me much.  As for guitars, I have a Strat, a few Raven West guitars (pretty cheap hollow body electric guitars that actually play really nice and sound good), and recently picked up a G&L ASAT Thinline that I'm really having fun with.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and thanks again for all the great info on here.

Cheers!
G&L ASAT lately into- RMC3, modded ts7, modded ts9, ibanez delay, ross compressor, boss tuner, fender super.  lots of other stuff but thats the meat and potatoes.

sour d

Quote from: phishlips on September 14, 2010, 03:25:04 PM
a few Raven West guitars (pretty cheap hollow body electric guitars that actually play really nice and sound good
Tele style with p90's?
Welcome
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

phishlips

Nope, not the tele style ones.  More of the Strat style.  I have one that is full hollow body with just a block under the bridge and one that is chambered.  I haven't seen any on ebay that are the Strat style in a long time, only the tele shaped ones.
G&L ASAT lately into- RMC3, modded ts7, modded ts9, ibanez delay, ross compressor, boss tuner, fender super.  lots of other stuff but thats the meat and potatoes.

sour d

Quote from: phishlips on September 14, 2010, 03:52:52 PM
Nope, not the tele style ones.  More of the Strat style.  I have one that is full hollow body with just a block under the bridge and one that is chambered.  I haven't seen any on ebay that are the Strat style in a long time, only the tele shaped ones.
Any chance you can post some pics?
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Happyorange27

Hey Tim, welcome.  I'm just about brand spankin new here too but I've been welcomed with open arms.  Great stuff.  Sounds like you know what's going on by your rig details.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

phishlips

having a little trouble getting pics up.  the button that says insert image just puts a [img][img] in the text box.  any suggestions?

Hey Tim, welcome.  I'm just about brand spankin new here too but I've been welcomed with open arms.  Great stuff.  Sounds like you know what's going on by your rig details.

Hey, thanks for the welcome.  I got a little bit of a clue but still have plenty of questions on getting things working correctly together.

patrickstefanski

Tim, welcome. Finally, someone else on this site that isn't from friggin' Maine (no offence everyone).  Where in Jersey?!? I'm in Jersey City (not the horribly dangerous part) and I  would love to check out the band!

To do your images:

1. Host your images somewhere online (photobucket or something).
2. Right click on uploaded image.
3. Click "Copy Image Location"
4. Paste Image Location between the img /img tags.
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

jadirusso

Welcome Tim.. we all have questions sometimes.

Not everyone's from Maine.. I'm from Massachusetts.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

patrickstefanski

Maine, Massachusetts it's all the same chowdah eatin' thing to me.

Just kidding, I'm just always bummed when you New Englanders have shows and stuff and I'm WAY too far to partake.
So my ears perked up a little on the Jersey-ness.
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

phishlips

Hey guys, thanks for the welcomes.

Patrick, I am in Sussex County.  The name of the band is The Moving Company.  We're out every weekend usually right here in the county, no place too special.  I'll try and get some tunes uploaded on here asap for you guys to check out.

Don't think that worked just right, I'll get it though.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.archive.org%2Fdetails%2Fmc2010-04-10&h=ea795

Really enjoying meeting you guys on here so far.

Happyorange27

Tim, you sound great dude. I wish I had that tone. You don't have far to go to get there.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Poster

cheers lips. welcome to my home.  8)

aoguitars

Welcome Tim! I'm sure you'll find plenty of stuff in here to check out--and I'm sure you'll laugh at the absurdity of a lot of it  ;D.

Quote from: patrickstefanski on September 14, 2010, 04:56:43 PM
Finally, someone else on this site that isn't from friggin' Maine (no offence everyone).  

OffenSe taken, Pat. Maine rules. Eat it, Jersey.
ao

Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com

patrickstefanski

Quote from: aoguitars on September 15, 2010, 10:49:42 AM
Welcome Tim! I'm sure you'll find plenty of stuff in here to check out--and I'm sure you'll laugh at the absurdity of a lot of it  ;D.

Quote from: patrickstefanski on September 14, 2010, 04:56:43 PM
Finally, someone else on this site that isn't from friggin' Maine (no offence everyone).  

OffenSe taken, Pat. Maine rules. Eat it, Jersey.

i never was good at speeling
Current Rig: