I'm sure it's "wonky" but..

Started by sour d, September 18, 2010, 02:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour d

'doc copy I saw on ebay. I've been curious about these bruton guitars for a while. Has anyone tried one of these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Hollowbody-Guitar-Trey-Anastasio-Phish-PRS-/300469384592?pt=Guitar&hash=item45f55ef590
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

picture_of_nectar

I have heard good things about the Bruntons, but mostly from people trying to sell them. There is a singlecut version of this one thats been in the Gear Page emporium for a while.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Poster

aside from the neck joint that guitar looks like a sex machine. id buy one. thats for sure. absolutely beautiful, great attention to detail, good looking website, seems like its full of WIN

*edit whats up with all the weird fucking holes? but yeah that neck joint just plain sucks. went from WIN to MEH for me right there. and the holes? who buys a guitar for 3k and drills holes all in it?

sour d

Quote from: posternutbag on September 18, 2010, 02:28:57 PM

*edit whats up with all the weird fucking holes? but yeah that neck joint just plain sucks. went from WIN to MEH for me right there. and the holes? who buys a guitar for 3k and drills holes all in it?
I assume the holes are from the bridge that was on it before it was swapped to an adjustable bridge
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

picture_of_nectar

Happyorange27

My favorite feature is the 24th fret and how it is partial.  Nice little curve on the end of the neck there.  That's just cool and practical.  Who plays the big stings on the 24th fret anyway.

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Poster

Quote from: Happyorange27 on September 18, 2010, 08:58:00 PM
My favorite feature is the 24th fret and how it is partial.  Nice little curve on the end of the neck there.  That's just cool and practical.  Who plays the big stings on the 24th fret anyway.

me :0(

picture_of_nectar

I like the singlecut one better. Been eyeing it for a while....but it's not in the cards this time. Poor guy has been trying to sell it forever.

Poster

welp usually things that are awesome sell. and we designers deserve nothing but the best! so pass/

cactuskeeb

Wonky.  For 500 dollars more Paul will start on your guitar.