Eq guitars... Phishy and not in a good way

Started by deadbearbobby, September 30, 2010, 01:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadbearbobby

My oringinal post here is deleted. im done dealing with this and think it's time that all of us, including myself, grow up. I would not have posted this if i knew these problems would arise...
Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership

Poster

deadbearbobby

Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership

Poster

picture_of_nectar

ok Poster, i'm not arguing with you man. I agree you have a fine guitar, we are all happy.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Poster

sour d

Deadbear you should've bought one of these and still had plenty of money left in your "saving for an AO" jar. I love my phiga.
http://www.philgawen.com/phigaguitars.htm
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

cactuskeeb

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on September 30, 2010, 03:21:13 PM
after playing the real thing I cannot recommend buying a copy of any sort. save your money and try to get on Pauls list.

I've had Equators, and although they are attractive to look at, they need a lot of work from a good Luthier be made into something playable.

Word to the wise...

Poster

Armenian Man

when did you get this guitar?  Is it one of his newer batches?  I asked for my money back on the one i just purchased.  You guys have me freaking out here...that is the last thing i would want to happen after paying that much money!!!!

Poster

Quote from: Armenian Man on October 05, 2010, 10:58:34 AM
when did you get this guitar?  Is it one of his newer batches?  I asked for my money back on the one i just purchased.  You guys have me freaking out here...that is the last thing i would want to happen after paying that much money!!!!

picture_of_nectar

Hey deadbearbobby, can you post a picture to the guitar you are talking about?

The reason I asked is that the only Koa Mini with a Maple back on Davids website is currently owned by ME.

And there are no buckle scratches on the back. Oh and of course the bridge would come off when you took the strings off, it is a floating Archtop bridge...duh.

picture_of_nectar

Quote from: deadbearbobby on October 05, 2010, 07:23:01 PM

He's got the guitar back... that was how i got my money back, he counted it as a "return due to quallity issues" ... also, the bridge should be glued down on an archtop... all my ibanez's have the bridge glued down... maybe ibanez is the one that does it weird...  :P

Got a pic? I'm really curious about this.

I'm the only one who's owned a Koa Mini with a maple back and I watched it being built through the process including choosing the headstock inlay, the stain color, so I am pretty sure it wasn't someone elses returned guitar.

And if you glued down the bridge you wouldn't be able to adjust the intonation...fwiw.

picture_of_nectar

Quote from: deadbearbobby on October 05, 2010, 07:33:33 PM
I never took any... i should have, but i was focused on the issues and trying to get my money back verse taking pictures of bonfire wood.

All his builds are on the web site, do you see it there?

picture_of_nectar

can you clean out your PM box.

RE the Ibaneze bridge, it is a different kind of bridge where each string is adjustable. On the Equator (and Languedoc) the bridge floats and you move the whole thing backwrd or forward to adjust the intonation.