Eq guitars... Phishy and not in a good way

Started by deadbearbobby, September 30, 2010, 01:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadbearbobby

yep...all set, pm box clear... thanks for the info :) ... i thought they were all supposed to be glued... ok so that was my misunderstanding...
Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership

Poster

picture_of_nectar

fwiw, I think you should give him a chance to defend himself. Lots of very harsh words spoken here in this thread, yet the reciever of the critisicm is immediately banned and comments deleted. Is that how things work around here?
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Poster

picture_of_nectar

I am going to defend David here for a second, and please don't ban me for it.

First of all, I agree he shouldn't post your personal information here. But you could have just deleted your email address (since you have all the control/power here), rather then deleting his reply to deadbearbobby and banning him.

There have been some serious accusations and harsh words posted here. Yet you prevent the man from defending himself.  That's just fucked up. I know you like to think this is your website to do with what you please, but IMHO it belongs to all of the contributors. Does Scott agree with you preventing David from responding? Just curious. 

Poster

meh. iam not getting in a flame war with the resident troll or the industry scammer. 

Poster

Walker done done

Well well well....where to begin?

First off, let's not go banning people Poster; at least people who don't necssarily deserve it.  Leave that to the Scott - it's his site afterall.  He made you and I admin's on the account that we'd do good by this site, not control it as we see fit.  Don't abuse that, please.  Just because you don't like the guy doesn't give you the power to ban him.

I understand your situation w/ Equator, and you have every right to feel the way you do and share your experiences about it, but so does everyone else, and I agree w/ PON that by banning David without giving him a chance to defend himself is kinda fucked up, and doesn't lend credibility to your argument.  I for one would love to hear what he has to say.  I saw your guitar Poster, and without having played it or held it I have to agree with you - it was cartoonish at best and (at least from the pics) looked like a p.o.s.  Whatever though...it seems the quality has gotten much better since then (read: I am in no way endorsing Equator) and if someone has a guitar by them and his happy, well...to each his own.  If someone is thinking about buying one, hell yeah folks who have knowledge of Equator should speak up, for better or worse.

I'll end with this: let's keep it on the level folks.  Freedom of speech is something that will continue in this forum - it's one of the best parts about it - however there does come a time where it crosses the line, and Poster, I'd like to see you stay away from that line while still making your points. 
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

I only dish out a ban when a user posts personal information without permission. Kinda a standard action on all forums.

picture_of_nectar

fine whatever, I don't wanna be involved with this. I have nothing to do with any of the shit posted in this thread so leave me out of it.

I just think David should be allowed to address the accusations made against him here.
Peace

Poster

Walker done done

Quote from: posternutbag on October 06, 2010, 04:50:55 PM
I only dish out a ban when a user posts personal information without permission. Kinda a standard action on all forums.

Welp...kinda hard to argue with you there.  I didn't see the post so forgive me - what did he post....and why?  What was the purpose?

EDIT: and really?  You're smiting me for what I said?  Lame...yes, you are correct.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

picture_of_nectar

Quote from: posternutbag on October 06, 2010, 04:18:13 PMSorry if that bothers you PON, but if you had a similar experience to mine, YOU WOULD BE DOING THE SAME THING, or you would just turn it into an ashtray because your so rich you dont give a shit about your mommies money.  

dude you need to chill out, I haven't attacked you in this situation. Please don't assume or pretend to know anything about how I afford my guitars. Uncalled for...

patrickstefanski

I'm having trouble following this...

so the equator guy made an account? no way, i wouldn't mind hearing what he has to say.
poster, you deleted the posts?  if he displayed personal info, cant you just delete that info, and keep the meat of the post intact? deleting the whole post just makes people more curious to hear what he said, and to see why you deleted it.

walker, how did you see who smited you?  is that because you're an admin? i want to see who smited me so i might confront them on the field of battle.
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

Poster

I emailed you Benny, its on your fbook page.