Eq guitars... Phishy and not in a good way

Started by deadbearbobby, September 30, 2010, 01:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armenian Man

I think i started all of this by emailing david to request my money back, and he asked why?  so i told him why.  Not only was it these comments that i have been hearing, but also my experience with how long things are taking etc.  In his defense though, he has really jumped at this opportunity to make himself a better guitar maker, understanding my concerns and lastly trying to defend himself here.  Poster, i do agree with you that posting personal information is unnecsary and uncalled for, but i really do think we need to get to the root of this thing here and now.  When i found this site recently, i was incredibly excited about it.  I read all of your posts, and many others and i have learned a great deal in the process, especially from you poster.  But as time has gone on, i see there are a lot of egos involved here, with preferences and so on.  it makes it fun to read, a little dramatic at times, but really i think we all need to remember how similiar we all really are.  I live in the bay area of california, i studied at berkley school of music, i have played with steve kimock, jerry garcia band, the thugz ( a grateful dead cover band who rocks in case you haven't heard of them) and plenty of other incredible muscians here in my area.  Its a community that we live in here.  Just the other night i was playing at a club here in sebastopol, ca and billy kreutzman happened to be eating dinner there.   After an hour of listening to us, we played an old zero tune, and billy chimed in "great song"  We then realized it was him, invited him to sit in, and then played a rockin set with him.  He had just finished a 16 hour rehersal with mickey hart. Anyways, we drank beers stayed up til 3 morning, told stories and enjoyed the california stars.  We talked about music for a while, and talked about roots.  "we all have our roots" he said. "Its what we have to grow our tree, no tree being better than the other"  These words struck a chord with me.  There a facets of all music that i enjoy, tones from all guitarists that enjoy and so on.  Lets remember that we are involved in an incredible thing together.  We all play music and have a lot to learn from everyone... Whether it be a lick or a pedal, or a guitar.  All of which will eventually grow into our own tree.  David is just another one of us, striving to do better work, make better guitars, and probably learn from this forumn and every one else.  We all have lots to learn, and the second we stop learning, we stop growing.  I hope this wasn't too cheasy for you guys, but music is way to connect with the ethers.....lets not forget it.....also music is an offering of peace, a community that we should all feel comfortable in.  The best guitarist in my opinion are the most humble, shy, and so on.   Hendrix said it the best, Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded

Poster

Poster

Okay I just emailed David about removing my Phone Number ! Work history, email address and email from his website. Talk about below the belt. I hope he takes it down, I would hate to have get my lawyer involved, as he could keep all the other junk without sharing my phone number/email/personal info.

sour d

Quote from: posternutbag on October 06, 2010, 05:25:19 PM
Then he calls me posternutfag
The guy shows at least some creativity

Quote from: Armenian Man on October 06, 2010, 05:47:18 PM
Just the other night i was playing at a club here in sebastopol, ca and billy kreutzman happened to be eating dinner there.   After an hour of listening to us, we played an old zero tune, and billy chimed in "great song"  We then realized it was him, invited him to sit in, and then played a rockin set with him.  He had just finished a 16 hour rehersal with mickey hart. Anyways, we drank beers stayed up til 3 morning, told stories and enjoyed the california stars.  We talked about music for a while, and talked about roots.  "we all have our roots" he said. "Its what we have to grow our tree, no tree being better than the other"  These words struck a chord with me.  
That is fuckn awesome!
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Happyorange27

Armenian Man.  Nice way to mellow out the atmosphere.  I enjoyed your words immensley.  Your west coast, laid back attitude a fresh breath of air.  Rock on dude.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Walker done done

I agree Armenian Man, great story.  Not only a great story, but a great lesson, indeed.  Sometimes we tend to take for granted what we're all doing on this earth, and I love little reminders about what's really important.

Patrick - I do not know who smited me, but I can guess.  Unfortuantely if there is a way to find out, I am unaware of it.  And to be honest, in the end it really doesn't matter, though I do take it a little personally because I try hard to be on the level with regards to my words on this site.  I take time to carefully read through what I'm about to say rather than just posting what's on my mind.  I try to be diplomatic; "think before you speak" sort of thing.  So yeah, when I saw that I was smited twice, I took note, and I'm assuming it was a knee jerk reaction of whoever it was.  Whatever, doesn't matter anyways.  There aare much more important things in this world that deserve my concern.  ;D

And PON, on behalf of this site I'd like to apologize and completely agree with you that that sort of thing isn't called for, and quite frankly won't be tolerated on this site.  Freedom of speach is one thing, but civality is equally important.  As I've said, Poster has every right to talk about his experiences and give advice when it comes to Equator or any other company - many times when he does it's good advice and many can benefit from it - but posting personal info (ala Davd) or taking low blows at someone (ala Poster) cannot and will not be tolerated.  It'll ruin this board and there ain't no way that's gonna happen.

I'd like to say a quick note to David from Equator, assuming he's still checking this site: word is you've sent around emails threatening to sue...?  Ha!  Sue for what, I ask you?  Giving an opinion?  If you're pissed someone said something negative about your guitars, that's the wrong road to take man.  But I'd like you re-register here because I'd love to hear your take. I think we ALL would, actually.  After all, I think it's only fair.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

jadirusso

Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

picture_of_nectar

thanks walker, I totally agree with you. Also, no idea who smited you. 

Actually it was poster who threatened to get lawyers involved. Pretty rediculous. 

It's just a shame that personal agendas and angers prevent us from having a reasonable discussion about all this like a group of freakin adults. Based on the way these guys view and speak to eachother I just don't thinkthats gunna happen. 

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Happyorange27

Quote from: Walker done done on October 07, 2010, 10:58:59 AM

I'd like to say a quick note to David from Equator, assuming he's still checking this site: word is you've sent around emails threatening to sue...?  Ha!  Sue for what, I ask you?  Giving an opinion?  If you're pissed someone said something negative about your guitars, that's the wrong road to take man.  But I'd like you re-register here because I'd love to hear your take. I think we ALL would, actually.  After all, I think it's only fair.

Yeah I think David should get on here too.  There are two sides to every story and if anyone wants to talk smack, at least do it to him directly and be a man about it right?  I'm not judging one way or the other.  I just want to hear both sides.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Walker done done

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on October 07, 2010, 11:29:18 AM
Actually it was poster who threatened to get lawyers involved. Pretty rediculous. 

Actually, it was David who sent emails to 2 people threatening to sue, but obviously you weren't privy to that so you wouldn't have known.  Poster only said it publicly.  Either way, it's silly as there's nothing to sue for or over.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

picture_of_nectar

Whatever I guess. I saw Posters threat to sue David for posting his email address here.  

I got involved with this because it sounded like deadbearbobby was describing my guitar. And according to David I have the only Koa/Maple mini he's ever built....and he can't figure out who this deadbearbobby guy is.

So I don't know what the real story behind that is. All I know is I had a smooth transaction the whole way with David. He was quick to answer all my questions. He was willing to do custom abalone logo work and use the color stain I wanted for the back. The price was exactly as I was quoted, it arrived in a much nicer case then previous Equators at no extra cost (nice surprise), and the guitar didn't have any quality issues. The only thing my setup/electronics guy (who knows his shit) could find was the nut needed a little tweaking.

So that's my experience. Quite different then what deadbearbobby posted.

cactuskeeb

Could we, please, collectively figure out how not to repeat a thread like this, ever?

Perhaps we should have a policy where we do not talk about our actual business transactions with certain builders, etc.  Just review the thing.  Of course, anything and everything can still be said about Bradshaw, as long as it remains wild speculation, as it always has been.  

picture_of_nectar

cactuskeeb

downsouth

Greetings, Strange Design members:

This is David from Equator Instruments, responding from a different account, because I am still banned and silenced on my original account, "equatorinstruments".

I am not going to spend a lot energy right now, because I am simply exhausted from dealing with all of this. 

1.  For any of you who would like to read a detailed response to this, please just email me at:  information@equatorinstruments.com  and I will send you a link that I have set up, responding to this in detail. 

2.  I have 2 problems with this post.  The first is that "deadbearbobby" seems to have mentioned a guitar that does not exist.  I, and others, have asked him to reveal himself and/or the guitar.  As far as I have seen, this has not happened.  I simply ask, "what is your name, "deadbearbobby""?  I'd like to know who you are, because ALL of what you wrote is NEWS to me.  WHO ARE YOU?   The second problem is that the original response (which I have copied on my link) by "posternutbag" was also riddled with LIES.  First off, he DID receive a refund (although not timely) for the alleged repairs done to his guitar...I have posted my paypal receipt in my beforementioned link, proving this.  I address other comments as well...again, all in my link.  Just email me.

3.  Some have brought up my mentioning suing Strange Design.  After being banned by posternutbag and my original responses to this matter deleted, I emailed Scott in anger.  I mentioned that it was totally unjust to prevent me from PROVING that LIES have been written about me on this board;  I than went on to mention that in a similar situation "The Gear Page" encountered various problems when a builder accused the page of allowing SLANDEROUS statements to be written.  I feel the same, for as of right now "deadbearbobby" still has not come forward with his name.....and posternutbag wrote lies about me, which he has now deleted.  The first to mention the word "lawyer" was "posternutbag".....these emails and my detailed response are also in my link...again, just email me for it.

I'll leave it at that for now.  Again, anyone who would like to see my detailed response, with emails/paypal receipts and photos to back up my statements, please email me and I will pass you this link.

On a side note, it was mentioned that it was a low-blow to post personal info. about a member.  I can accept that this may not abide by the rules of the board, and I am sorry for breaking those rules.  But, when it comes down to it, if someone is going to personally attack me and my work, have the guts to put your name behind it and be prepared to back up your statements.  I know that at least one other member has asked "deadbearbobby" to reveal his name, via a PM....he did not do so.

Thanks very much for your attention.

Sincerely,
David Coleman
Equator Instruments
information@equatorinstruments.com