Anyone else love the old school ibanez effects?

Started by deadbearbobby, October 03, 2010, 03:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadbearbobby

I think it's safe to assume that most people here on the forum love the TS9, but how many people use other ibanez effects? either the reissues or the originals, or the originals? any one like the UE seires? they are the same chips just in multi effect form.
Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership

sour d

I have this thing for the 10 series pedals. Very under rated in my opinion. Trey and Mike both used to use ts10's. They made some great modulation delays in the 10 series. My favorite 10 series pedal has to be the ss10 which gives you the ability to blend your clean signal with as much distortion as you want with a touch of chorus. At times it can sound like 2 guitars playing. They also made the ss20 which substitutes delay for the chorus. I recently sold a due300 that I had aquired at some point. I also like the dm2000 a lot as well as the dm1000. dmd2000's (the silver ones) offer even more delay time than the 1023 of the dm2000 but I still use my dm2000 and not the dmd2000. For the past 6 months or so I've been modding different tube screamers (ts5, ts7, ts9, ts10) and it's cool to see what different component values do to tone or knob response. I've been buying other peoples modded ts pedals (garmopat, analogman, keeley, etc.) just to pop them open and see what they do. Anyway blah blah blah, I like old ibanez stuff......Try the ss10/ss20
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Poster

ibanez pedals: ive also been a fan of those flangers & delay's they sound great, and are as durable as they come. the problem with those old multi effects ibanez units, IMO was noise floor. the ones ive fooled with in shops have always seem to be really kinda ugly in that regard, even with everything bypassed. but iam kinda a snob about noise. my amp tech had to do all sorts of shit to make me happy with my rig. 

iam actually leaning towards a break from all my electric gear after this next album/tour in december.  there is just something about stepping out, and then popping back in, with these enormo rigs.   my current rig is just an echoplex preamp booster running into my garmopat ts9 (of course he did a custom mod to mine d) and iam happy with it for the most part. might swap the echo plex out for another handmade clean boost, and relocate it to later in the rack chain for a boost of last resort. but i dont do much of the dual screamer tones anymore, just hit the boost before the 9, and bam insanity. i also am digging just having a brutally loud clean tone paired with the mix of the lexicon reverb and subtle reverb tank. spot on steve kimock.

sour d

Quote from: posternutbag on October 03, 2010, 11:46:29 PMgarmopat ts9 (of course he did a custom mod to mine d)
Is it wrong to ask for a picture of the board? I'm just curious.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Walker done done

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

same deal with my sweet vibe and comp. the vibe came that way (bought it used of course), and comp got filled with goop after the last time i had to get it repaired with a new switch/pots. rugged switch was installed then wrapped in a thick piece of plastic, keeping it separate from the other parts of the board, albiet sans connecting wires, which got heat shrinked. then goop> its kinda what dumble used to do. the idea is ruggedness and it makes it incredibly difficult to copy. as for gary, he cant remember what he did to it, but Ive had multiple Ts9's modded by him, for myself and others, so its understandable. Its more than chip swapping, there is a three way toggle, but my local tech has the schematic. same with a working schematic of my entire rig Amp diagram > guitar wiring. When I finally got the tone i wanted, it was all about recording what exactly had been done as there are so many steps in the chain.

Walker done done

LOL....I didn't ask for a synopsis on it, I asked to SEE it.  Soooo...pics?
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

you just learned more than a pic is going to show!

patrickstefanski

poster takes the saying "A picture is worth a thousand words" as a direct challenge.
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

Poster

Quote from: patrickstefanski on October 04, 2010, 02:02:14 PM
poster takes the saying "A picture is worth a thousand words" as a direct challenge.

that made me lol repd

ShockedAndPersuaded

I'm using a UE405 thru the effects loop of my TDS 100 and I love it.  I haven't had any issues with noise floor. 
Guitars: 4 custom built, '79 LP standard, '69 ES 355, '83 LP Jr, '02 PRS HB II, '99 Strat>Bypass looper: Whammy II>Clyde Deluxe Wah>Maxon OD9Pro+>Cusack Tap-A-Whirl>Deja Vibe>Neo Ventilator>Fuchs TDS 100
Effects Loop: DD-7(short)>DD-7(long)

Walker done done

Quote from: patrickstefanski on October 04, 2010, 02:02:14 PM

Well it sort of was  :D ;)

Loop 3 Boomerang+