Maxon od9 or Ibanez ts9

Started by sour d, October 13, 2010, 04:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour d

I was modding a couple tube screamers today and I thought it might be worth pointing something out. One of the reasons it might be better to get an od9 vs a ts9 is the lack of fet switching components that your signal doesn't have to travel through. No mods are needed for this. The od9's come this way. Plus you get the jrc4558d chip.

Maxon:

Early ibanez reissue ts9:
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

picture_of_nectar

Yup, great pedal... I have two.

It can be a little tricky to stomp on and off, you really gotta step on it.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

sour d

So a lot of you guys use modded tube screamers. What would be a good selling price for a ts9 modded to 808 spec and "phat" modded by upgrading a few caps and changing values and replacing a resistor to a higher quality one of a different value. Then I'm adding a bright blue led. Also if any of you guys have broken tube screamers you want to sell let me know, I'll buy them. I've sold a few already and I've been trying to keep the cost about $10 dollars under what a new ts9 would go for.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe