Mike is so awesome....

Started by patrickstefanski, October 14, 2010, 02:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrickstefanski

Monday night in NYC he is playing downtown and letting attendees go up on stage and jam with him.  First come, first serve.

Needless to say I'll be jetting out of work way early, and sitting there quite early.

BBOOOYYAHHHH!
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

phishlips

WHAT!???!?!?!?!?   I'm gonna need some details on this!  Please!!
G&L ASAT lately into- RMC3, modded ts7, modded ts9, ibanez delay, ross compressor, boss tuner, fender super.  lots of other stuff but thats the meat and potatoes.

YouEnjoyMyReba

say you did get up there and get to jam with him.  What would you play? A phish tune, an original, some random song?
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

patrickstefanski

Quote from: YouEnjoyMyReba on October 14, 2010, 03:48:54 PM
say you did get up there and get to jam with him.  What would you play? A phish tune, an original, some random song?

Apparently they supply the instruments...and they try to rotate in as many players as possible all night.
I'm hoping for 5 good minutes.

YER, whatever i can play, will most likely be a long jam i assume

phishlips here you go...
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

phishlips

Thanks Patrick, looks like we'll be meeting each other.  I think I'm definitely in for this.
G&L ASAT lately into- RMC3, modded ts7, modded ts9, ibanez delay, ross compressor, boss tuner, fender super.  lots of other stuff but thats the meat and potatoes.

patrickstefanski

Current Rig:

phishlips

sounds good man, 973 270 8886.  I have off on Monday so I may head down pretty early to get on the list or whatever it is they're doing to keep track of players.  Not sure if I'll be solo or if anyone is gonna come with me, but I'm looking forward to meeting ya.

patrickstefanski

Quote from: phishlips on October 14, 2010, 04:57:43 PM
sounds good man, 973 270 8886.  I have off on Monday so I may head down pretty early to get on the list or whatever it is they're doing to keep track of players.  Not sure if I'll be solo or if anyone is gonna come with me, but I'm looking forward to meeting ya.

right on, i'm think i am going to have a "doctors" appointment in the afternoon.
give me a call when you think you'll be in the city.
we'll get a drink or some lunch or something.

Current Rig:

phishlips

Think I'm gonna have a few people come too, at least one other guitar player.  Not to be a dick but I'm actually trying NOT to tell people about it!  Hahaahaha, this is gonna be fun though.

Armenian Man

go get em boys!  Sounds like a great collaborative event :)

Walker done done

Seriously...I wish I could join y'all....have a freakin' blast!!!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

patrickstefanski

Quote from: Walker done done on October 17, 2010, 11:01:35 AM

That was the coolest moment of my life.
Video uploading.

I could hear myself in the monitor, but you definitely can't hear me at all on the video, oh well, still an awesome night.

VIDEO: http://vimeo.com/15971779
Current Rig:

Happyorange27

Quote from: patrickstefanski on October 18, 2010, 08:59:47 PM
Quote from: Walker done done on October 17, 2010, 11:01:35 AM

That was the coolest moment of my life.
Video uploading.

I could hear myself in the monitor, but you definitely can't hear me at all on the video, oh well, still an awesome night.

VIDEO: http://vimeo.com/15971779
Dude, that is amazing.  You will cherish this momemt forever.  Good for you. ...Now when is Trey coming to Akron, OH for an open jam? :P
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

sour d

You must still be buzzin from that! SO fuckn cool. Count me in as jealous
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

patrickstefanski

joe russo was a surprise. a very pleasant surprise.

Mike was super cool, he was standing by the entrance thanking everyone for coming out.  A real class act.
Phishlips was there too!  He came a little late and didn't make it up on stage, but i got shake hands with another SD-frequenter, so that was good.
Current Rig: