Holy fuck shit balls

Started by Walker done done, October 27, 2010, 11:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

I'm pretty sure I witnessed the most amazing thing ever....in the history of the world....last night in Manchvegas (bright lights big city = Manchvegas!)

Seriously....I had to catch my breathe between songs last night.  Unfucking real.  With a cherry and some tits on top.  Big tits.  Part of me never wants to see Phish again so I can retain that feeling I had last night.  But alas, Halloween awaits.  If you haven't DL'd this show already, do yourself a favor and take a listen to arguably the best Phish show in 10-15 years. 

The energy last night was seething hot lava in your eyes.  I didn't think Phish knew how to do that anymore.  Apparently, I was WRONG.  Wrong wrong wrong, so wrong.  I mean, I thought Augusta was good....nowhere close to the nuclear bomb they dropped last night. 
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Phabulous

Very nice -- have heard several similar reports.  Wish I could have been there!

ShockedAndPersuaded

Man I was watchin the sets roll in last night and was thinking this has to be a good show.  I listened to some this morning and it was right on.  It seems like they kicked something in from about Charelston on.  Glad to hear (and jealous) that you got your phace phucked last night!  I wish I could've been there.   I'm really curious to see what the boys pull out for this upcoming Halloween.  It'll be a barn burner for sure.
Guitars: 4 custom built, '79 LP standard, '69 ES 355, '83 LP Jr, '02 PRS HB II, '99 Strat>Bypass looper: Whammy II>Clyde Deluxe Wah>Maxon OD9Pro+>Cusack Tap-A-Whirl>Deja Vibe>Neo Ventilator>Fuchs TDS 100
Effects Loop: DD-7(short)>DD-7(long)

sour d

Quote from: Walker done done on October 27, 2010, 11:17:30 AM
I'm pretty sure I witnessed the most amazing thing ever....in the history of the world....
It's 3pm and I just rolled out of bed. That show kicked my ass. We definetly witnessed something. I hope they keep this kind of energy going for a long time.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

jadirusso

Just got home from Manchester myself.. definitely agree amazing show.. so glad I just decided to grab a pair of those when they went on sale instead of just doing Prov and Amherst as I had originally intended.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

Rusty the Scoob

Really kicking myself for going to Providence instead. >:(
Phishhead playing Phil

www.fennario.us

Walker done done

Quote from: sour d on October 27, 2010, 03:08:09 PM
Quote from: Walker done done on October 27, 2010, 11:17:30 AM
I'm pretty sure I witnessed the most amazing thing ever....in the history of the world....
It's 3pm and I just rolled out of bed. That show kicked my ass. We definetly witnessed something. I hope they keep this kind of energy going for a long time.

Yeah bummed we didn't hook up, but as you well know once that shit started it was complete chaos.  I had to take a leak so bad from the minute I walked in there but couldn't pull myself away until Anything But Me, and I RAN to the bathroom and back.  The only other time I left the floor was to take another leak when Possum started, and again sprinted back and forth.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

picture_of_nectar

Walker, so glad you were there dude!

If you guys arn't hip to Hoodstream.com yet, please join us for livestreams of AC. The streamers are getting better and sometimes depending on reception it's like your at the show. Couchtour!!!!

lambone
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

patrickstefanski

Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

picture_of_nectar

Check it out for AC Patrick! Couchtour rules, next best thing to being at the show. Any questions don't be shy, ask a blue moderator. I'll be there.

Lambone

Walker done done

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on October 28, 2010, 11:48:35 AM
Check it out for AC Patrick! Couchtour rules, next best thing to being at the show. Any questions don't be shy, ask a blue moderator. I'll be there.

Lambone

Couldn't agree more!  I couch-toured most of the '09 and '10 shows that I couldn't hit in person.  A wonderful alternative to not being there.  Many thanks to you & the rest of the crew for making it happen!

Loop 3 Boomerang+

aoguitars

WOW, thanks for the heads up, PON. I had no idea about Hoodstream either. Three cheers for Al Gore's internet!

And Walker, I was blaring the Manch show in the shop all day yesterday while doing some guitar wiring. Unreal show. They really have tapped into some old school vibe in the last couple weeks...perfect timing to be rolling into a 3 night run in AC, culminating in a Sunday Halloween show? It will indeed be BONKERS. And thanks for letting us all know about your pee schedule...top notch!  ;D
ao

Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com

Walker done done

Quote from: aoguitars on October 29, 2010, 09:48:40 AM
WOW, thanks for the heads up, PON. I had no idea about Hoodstream either. Three cheers for Al Gore's internet!

And Walker, I was blaring the Manch show in the shop all day yesterday while doing some guitar wiring. Unreal show. They really have tapped into some old school vibe in the last couple weeks...perfect timing to be rolling into a 3 night run in AC, culminating in a Sunday Halloween show? It will indeed be BONKERS. And thanks for letting us all know about your pee schedule...top notch!  ;D

LOL...well, in the best interest of crack reporting, I felt it necessary to divulge such privlaged (err...useless?) information.   :D

Loop 3 Boomerang+

sour d

Quote from: aoguitars on October 29, 2010, 09:48:40 AM
And thanks for letting us all know about your pee schedule...top notch!  ;D
At least now we know he's one of the good guys trying to make it to the proper place to relieve himself. Some dudes would just piss in their empty beer cup and leave it for you to tip over. He's not the type of guy to spill beer off the balcony or incourage others to do it. From this we can gather that any time walker and myself are at a show shit is going to rage. "hey genel, that sounds like after midnight", HOLYSHIT, alumni, o shit letter to, alum, THEY CALL ME THE SLOTH!!!
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

picture_of_nectar

200+ arrests in Hampton 09. 83 of them were public urination...

just sayin.

It was a setup