Main Menu

Guitar straps

Started by sour d, November 14, 2010, 02:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour d

What are you guys using for guitar straps? I'm looking for a nice one for my newest addition.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Walker done done

Quote from: sour d on November 14, 2010, 02:06:44 AM
What are you guys using for guitar straps? I'm looking for a nice one for my newest addition.

I picked up a nice leather one @ Buck's.  As long as it's comfy, that's really all that matters.  

BTW, your guitar's cousin says "hi"!  :D

.....Hey also, when you get a chance open her up in the back and let me know what number is on the orange drop coming from the volume knob.  I had a .33 in my current one but was muffling the tone (sounded like I had a blanket over my amp) so I had AO swap it for a .22 and it's sounding a lot more like the one you have...just wondering if yours is also a .22. 
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

sour d

Quote from: Walker done done on November 14, 2010, 03:28:37 PM
your guitar's cousin says "hi"!  :D

.....Hey also, when you get a chance open her up in the back and let me know what number is on the orange drop coming from the volume knob.  I had a .33 in my current one but was muffling the tone (sounded like I had a blanket over my amp) so I had AO swap it for a .22 and it's sounding a lot more like the one you have...just wondering if yours is also a .22. 
Alright, I opened her up and the cap reads "SBE6PS-S20 203K600V". Now, what kind of pickups does this guit have? Do I just have series, parallel and no coil tap? Also, why is this guitar so fuckin cool? Will I be able to put it down and lead a somewhat normal life or no? You don't even have to plug it in! I love it. Then when you plug it in.........................................so...................yeah.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

patrickstefanski

that's the one i use on one of my guitars...and will be using on my AO when it's done.

i also have a homemade hemp stap that i use on my tele
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

Walker done done

Quote from: sour d on November 15, 2010, 07:55:04 AM
Quote from: Walker done done on November 14, 2010, 03:28:37 PM
your guitar's cousin says "hi"!  :D

Alright, I opened her up and the cap reads "SBE6PS-S20 203K600V". Now, what kind of pickups does this guit have? Do I just have series, parallel and no coil tap? Also, why is this guitar so fuckin cool? Will I be able to put it down and lead a somewhat normal life or no? You don't even have to plug it in! I love it. Then when you plug it in.........................................so...................yeah.

Stop it, just stop it now!  You're making me miss her!  Okokok...I'm good, I remembered I have one at home.  Phew, close call!

So ok I am not sure what that sequence of numbers is but it's certainly no further help - appreciate you looking though!  I am happier that mine is now sounding much brighter, and much like that one you have.  Happy camper, right here. 

Hey AO - do you know what that sequence means by chance?

Either way, both of them have Schaller Golden 50's and yes, yours only has series/parallel (series is the up, parallel is the down position).  That's one of the reasons Pat wanted you to send it back, so he could add the coil tap (like mine).  But AO could do it easily for you, or if you know how to do it yourself.  If it were me, I would've done exactly as you did and not sent it halfway across the country (twice) just for an extra switch.   That 3rd switch on the right is for the effects loop bypass, which I know you're familiar with (hence the 2nd jack, which has an "s" next to it, I believe).  Hey I have a really nice stereo cable and a Hard Truckers Y-junction box if you're interested in them.  I orignally bought them for that guitar but never ended up using them. 
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

Sour D, PS - you know this means you have to come to next year's Libbypalooza VI and we'll have to rage some Phish on stage together.  Granted, in all likelihood the world will explode shortly after we take the stage, but it should be worth it.  ;D

Loop 3 Boomerang+

aoguitars

From the code on that Cap, it looks like that's a .022, which is just what I decided should go in your guitar that day, Benny. Glad that opened up the tone some for you, as it really sounded muffled before. Not sure why they'd throw the .033 in there in the first place...

Sour D, glad to hear you're digging that other one (benny's sloppy seconds?). Your Phiga will be Jerry-fied (sans OBEL) momentarily, man.
ao

Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com

sour d

Quote from: patrickstefanski on November 15, 2010, 08:29:15 AM
that's the one i use on one of my guitars...and will be using on my AO when it's done.

i also have a homemade hemp stap that i use on my tele
Thanks patrick. That does look comfy.

Walker, the schallers sound great. Nice choice. It will get a coil tap soon. I like having the single coil option. Libbypalooza VI!!! We will jam. If the world blows up, not our fault. Hey check out the road case in my picture. I now own Melvin Seals old lunchbox. It's actually a 10 space rack case that is double deep. I have no real need to have it but I couldn't pass it up because it says JGB on it. Melvin wrote instructions on the lid for how he wanted it set up on stage. Kinda cool.

AO, thanks. shoot me an email when it's done and I'll come get it. I saw your auction guitar on the news the other day. Looked beautiful. Hopefully it raised a good amount of money.

Walker done done

Quote from: sour d on November 15, 2010, 03:16:39 PM
I now own Melvin Seals old lunchbox.

;D :D  :D ;D :D

Geezus man, warn me next time before you unload a gallon size wad of pun on my face!!! Bwaaaahahahahahahahahaha!!!  You just might have taken top prize for funniest thing ever said on this site!

But that is pretty cool, good score for sure!

Loop 3 Boomerang+

ColForbin

Just a quick commentary about this board, but I love how at any given point, any thread can be derailed in the sake of sheer awesomeness!!  No other place have I been to, does this happen with such a high awesome factor.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb