New Guy Over Here!

Started by Flavaham, January 12, 2011, 05:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flavaham

Hey everyone.  I just stumbled in.  I've been putting a new guitar rig together and found this site. Pretty cool and informative!  I've been out of the Phish "Scene" for quite some time to be honest.  I started listening to them around '91-'92 (ish).  Started seeing shows in '94 all around New England and the New York area.  Highlights would be the Clifford Ball in Plattsburg (sp?) NY.  Seriously fun few days up there!  New Years in Boston was a treat.  (I think that was two shows actually but can't fully recall...) They busted out a "Camel Walk" for us in Vermont at Sugarbush which sent the whole crowd into a frenzy.  Awesome memories!  I've probably seen somewhere in the 30 show neighborhood.  Always a good time!

After finding this site I've been listening to Junta for about four days straight.  I'm planning to start learning a few tunes from that album. (I've pretty much got Divided Sky down so far).  I'd really like to tackle Maze but none of the tabs I've found have really helped me figure out what Page and Trey are doing at the beginning of the song and between verses.  Everyone pretty much says harmonics on the fifth fret but I feel like there's more going on there! 

Anyhow, it's good to be a part of the forum now!  I plan to tap into your knowledge a lot!  Thanks for having me!
-Gabe

Walker done done

Welcome Gabe.  Sorry again for the mix up w/ your registration.  Looking forward to your contributions!  Check out the Maze from Albany last year...geat version.  I can hook you up w/ a SBD if you PM me your email.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.