Put your current rig in your signature

Started by Happyorange27, December 16, 2010, 04:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Quote from: jadirusso on December 17, 2010, 08:08:08 AM
I second that Forbin. Can't wait for my AO either! I hear that Emma Discumbobulator is pretty sweet but it seems a bit pricey.. Is it worth it?

I agree w/ Forbin, it's a great pedal.  I've owned the Haz(mat...har har) Mu-Tron III and sold it...didn't like the sound.  I've heard the original Mu-Tron III's are nice, but can't find one anywhere and when I do, they're usually beat to shit.  The Emma is a bit pricey but like he said it's a really well built pedal and you'll get the envelope sound you want out of it, for sure.  I'd definitely reco' getting one if you're in the market for an envelope filter. 
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

patrickstefanski

Quote from: ColForbin on December 17, 2010, 10:36:15 AM
Patrick, a plague on your house.  That is all.

lol, it may have worked, i feel like shit today
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

picture_of_nectar

Just want to say I like all the variety I'm seeing in these effects boards. I love how you can personalize your tone through different pedal combinations and it's good to see we arn't all Trey clones.

I have a reissue Vintage MXR Script Dynacomp on the way, can't wait to try it.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

sour d

Quote from: patrickstefanski on December 17, 2010, 10:26:02 AM
I'm gonna slip some crystal meth in his drink, try to get him addicted.  He'll be banging out 3 guitars a day by the time I'm done with him.
Sure, make him an addict. You can't complain when your guitar arrives, you open the case, it's an orange squier with AO written in crayon on the headstock and fake f holes on the body drawn with a sharpie...

Don't forget to tip your luthier this holiday season. The proper amount is usually 1/10 of your annual salary.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

patrickstefanski

Quote from: sour d on December 17, 2010, 01:49:14 PM
it's an orange squier with AO written in crayon on the headstock and fake f holes on the body drawn with a sharpie...

but that's exactly what i ordered...
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

beebs

With all the copper wiring removed for good measure.
Ibanez SR300 Bass -> SWR Workingman's 15 Combo
Ibanez AS80 -> GCB -> TS-9 -> CS-3 -> RP3 -> Superchamp XD

picture_of_nectar

I just ordered a Trailer Trash Pro board on ebay, gunna get a loopmaster 5 channel strip too and wire up a sick board.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Happyorange27

Ho ho ho!  Sounds like everyone is getting ready to stuff there stockings with goodies.  Bye the way I'm enjoying the diversity of everyones rig as well.  I'm Googling some of these pedals and guitars I've never heard of for educational purposes.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

IamWILSON

Sour d -

How do you compare your Analogman silver od-9 to the '82 ts-9?  I'm playing through 2 '82s and have a 3rd as well as Keeley plus as a backup.  I've recently acquired a mint condition barely used od-9 (w/ the true bypass) that I'm going to send to Analogman, but I don't know whether I should just do the vintage/classic mod or the silver mod.  I'm thinking that I'd most likely use the modded od-9 in place of the an '82 ts-9 with the gain turned all the way up (as I use my other one fairly clean and is usually always on so doesn't really need to be true bypass).  Anyway, any input would be appreciated.  I'm looking to get as close to the Trey tone of the mid 90's for my phish cover band. 

After the dust settles from all the tone wars of different effects and stomp boxes, I'm gonna have quite a sale of extra gear that didn't win the battle.
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

sour d

Quote from: IamWILSON on December 17, 2010, 08:58:42 PM
Sour d -
How do you compare your Analogman silver od-9 to the '82 ts-9?  I'm playing through 2 '82s and have a 3rd as well as Keeley plus as a backup.  I've recently acquired a mint condition barely used od-9 (w/ the true bypass) that I'm going to send to Analogman, but I don't know whether I should just do the vintage/classic mod or the silver mod.  I'm thinking that I'd most likely use the modded od-9 in place of the an '82 ts-9 with the gain turned all the way up (as I use my other one fairly clean and is usually always on so doesn't really need to be true bypass).  Anyway, any input would be appreciated.  I'm looking to get as close to the Trey tone of the mid 90's for my phish cover band.
The silver mod is more clear. Almost less of a mid hump. The '82 as you know is really warm sounding. If you send your od9 to analogman I would definetly get the silver mod. The vintage classic or 808 mod only changes 2 resistors and maybe the opamp chip if it isn't already a jrc4558d. That's a lot of money for not much mod. You could do it yourself for a few bucks. His silver mod does sound really good though and is worth it IMO. If mid 90's trey is what you are looking for you've got it now with the 2 '82's. Earlier 90's and I'd say get a ts10 with a little drive and a lot of level for your cleaner sound then drive that with an '82. I've been modding tube screamers lately changing 2 resistors to allen bradley carbon comp of a different value and installing a chip craddle and changing the opamp for the 808 mod. Then changing 3 caps to a different value of a better quality and swaping a resistor to one of a different value better quality for the phat mod. It ends up sounding really good. It gets cleaner or dirtier with a lot more level. If I was playing out, I would put one of those in place of my '82 and use the silver od9 for the cleaner sound.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

sour d

Quote from: posternutbag on December 17, 2010, 09:58:59 PM
ive found they sound much better running with higher voltage
I agree. I use 12vdc for tube screamers and you can notice the difference.

Quote from: posternutbag on December 17, 2010, 09:58:59 PM
and an internal gain pot.
I do not agree as there is already a gain pot with a easily accessed knob on the outside of the pedal labeled DRIVE. Tucking another inside the pedal doesn't make sense to me.

jadirusso

Quote from: sour d on December 18, 2010, 08:19:26 AM

I agree. I use 12vdc for tube screamers and you can notice the difference.

Really that's ok to do ? Hmm I might have to try that some day.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

sour d

Quote from: posternutbag on December 18, 2010, 12:32:38 PM
IE Turning the internal pot down makes the external drive control work differently. If i crank a mini pot all the way counter clockwise, the distortion is turned way down, while bass and volume go up (= cleaner boost), go the other way, less volume, more grit less flabby bass. 
If you want your drive pot to have the more or less gain you need to do what keeley does and change the value of the resistor going to the drive pot. I guess you could also change the pot itself from 500k to 1m. I'm sure you enjoy opening your pedal just to tweak that trim pot but for most people that would be a pain in the ass.
Quote from: posternutbag on December 18, 2010, 12:32:38 PM
One of mine has 3 mini toggles. One for more high mids, bass, and lastly, treble. They all make a very noticable difference the over all sound at both higher and lower settings. I would reccomend modding out 1 TS9 with ALL of the toggles, find out what setting you prefer for high gain and low gain pedals, and write it down. On my newest black TS9, the mini toggles were omitted all together, as its preset inside the box.
With the toggles you are selecting different cap, resistors or diodes depending on which one we are talking about. Typically you change these with different values until you find what you like when you mod the pedal. I can see using these if you have a hard time deciding what you like or if you want to show people what different mods do to the sound of the pedal. That's why you don't have toggles on your newest ts9. Because you settled on certain values that you liked and by "preset" you mean soldered in place.

Quote from: jadirusso on December 18, 2010, 09:43:38 AM

Really that's ok to do ? Hmm I might have to try that some day.
Analogman talks about it on his site and he sells 12vdc adaptors

patrickstefanski

yeah i use 12 volts on my Ts9s definitly a difference
Current Rig:

Happyorange27

Does anyone know if Trey uses 12 volts on his screamers?
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex