Help with Qtron loop

Started by Flavaham, January 14, 2011, 07:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flavaham

I just got an Electro-Harmonix Qtron.  I am wondering how to set up the effects loop on it.  It has Input, Effect Out and Direct Out.  There is no Effect Return jack.  How do you use this?  Can you set up a loop AND if so, can you still use the effects that are in that loop individually?

I'm a noob with this kind of thing.  Any help would be sweet.
Thanks

deadbearbobby

Hey man good questions. hopefully this helps.

The q-tron plus you are refering to is a weird pedal. I used to own one beforei switched tothe more simple brother the micro q-tron. Any pedals you use in the loop will only work when the q-tron unit is engaged... this makes it a little bit of a stupid pedal because lets say you love the sound of the delay in the q-tron loop, but you want delay without the q-tron, you will need two seprate dealy pedals. The advantage to putting the other effects in the loop is to give you a different sound. a delay run after the unit its self will sound cool... but the delay doesnt "lock" on to the q-trons notes. when using the effects loop the q locks on to the delayed note which is a cool sound. hope this helps... if not pm me and ill help more.
Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership