Main Menu

N

Started by Poster, January 30, 2011, 03:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

N
D

Brian27

I recently dumped my Wah and Whammy II for a pair of Digitech-XP100 Whammy/Wahs. I put them in a bypass loop and it sounds great.  I got tired of not being able to have a fixed wah sound without putting my foot on the pedal and the pedal would move when i removed my foot so i had to get something for that. I love The XP-100

picture_of_nectar

Sorry to hear about your band Poster, hope all is well and you find something new!
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

IamWILSON

I have the whammy II but if anything I'm guilty of underusing it, and I like it that way.  I sometimes will use the various octave settings, especially the one where it doubles an octave lower or higher than the note.  And I'll use it if we get into a really psychedelic and energetic jam and play with harmonies usually on 4ths and 5ths, or 5ths and 6ths, kinda like Trey would do in some jams in '97 and '98 (like the jam out of Johnny B Goode from 11/17/97).
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

ColForbin

I dumped my whammy a few months ago, along with a few other things.  Downsized quite a bit actually, like poster, focusing more on playing the instrument than the all the different sounds.  Huge difference in what I have to lug around as well. 
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

Walker done done

Quote from: IamWILSON on January 31, 2011, 12:09:57 AM
I have the whammy II but if anything I'm guilty of underusing it, and I like it that way. 

+1 to that order...same here.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

ColForbin

Right on poster,

I am actually using a pedal train jr. right now, and it's the perfect size for me.  Doesn't make my shoulder ache to carry it into a venue, lol.  A big determining factor to my downsize was not only did I want to go more simplistic, but I was trying to fund my AO guitar that is on the way.  Which, by the way, I can't wait for, I'm so excited.  I just found myself not using my rang and whammy, so I just decided that I didn't need all that stuff.  My rule is that if I'm struggling and trying to force myself to find a way to use a piece of gear, I don't need it.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

IamWILSON

"I just found myself not using my rang and whammy, so I just decided that I didn't need all that stuff.  My rule is that if I'm struggling and trying to force myself to find a way to use a piece of gear, I don't need it."

The nice thing about selling that kind of gear is if you bought it used, you can still get back what you paid for it and if you ever find yourself wanting one again, you'll pay about the same price you paid before.  They're always on Ebay and the selling prices are always about the same, unless you either get really lucky or are really bidding hard against someone else. 
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

YouEnjoyMyReba

My whammy dumped me :'(  Crapped out on me a couple of months ago and it sucks because I LOVE my whammy.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a new one here soon
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue