Main Menu

sold

Started by picture_of_nectar, January 18, 2011, 11:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picture_of_nectar

Yes, and you could try the weight I supose.

For that money I'd buy the Black Soloway Gosling on eBay right now. I just got one, phenomenal hollowbodies.
http://cgi.ebay.com/USA-SOLOWAY-HOLLOW-GOSLING-SUPER-STRAT-TELE-/150562096438?pt=Guitar&hash=item230e334536

here is a clip of mine:
http://soundcloud.com/butcherd/slave

Jim Soloway builds in Portland, Oregon and he has earned a great reputation on TGP amongst some really talented and knowledgeable players.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

deadbearbobby

Quote from: Happyorange27 on February 14, 2011, 11:55:22 AM
Quote from: picture_of_nectar on February 14, 2011, 11:47:02 AM
That's not a Mini, it's the PAL model.

You are correct.  I just did my homework and found that out. ;D  Anyway, it seems nice.

By the way, the scale is 93% of a 25 1/2, so is that more difficult to play with the smaller fret spacing?

Just a heads up to you... David at EI sells the PAL models for $1500 new. However new doesnt include electronics. However guitar value decreases like car value... Seeing as the guitar has been giged with, it most likely has wear on it even if it's just minor or normal wear it is still wear on an instrument. If i were you I would talk him down or have David build you one... if thats the route you choose to go... although in my humble opinon you could do better for the money. (please understand im not bashing David... Many people have had good experiences with him and his guitars.) if its a "Doc" you crave... it might be better to Save for a year or two and buy a real one from paul or check out AO guitars if you have a "doc" inspired idea as paul isnt usually into too much customization... IE. pickups, switching, inlay(usually), scale, neck dimmentions, and so on.
Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership