Selling a boomerang

Started by sour d, February 23, 2011, 08:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour d

I just listed a boomerang on ebay. I tried to keep the price low, so if you don't already have one, here you go. I bought this one a couple weeks ago for cheap because the owner said it had a problem ( i buy and fix pedals as a hobby). I contacted the guys at boomerang (A+ customer service) and they told me what to do to fix it. It is working perfect and all I had to do was reseat the processor chip because of some oxidation due to not being used. Those guys make some quality shit. I think the reason they take up half a pedalboard is because they lay out the circuit so it can be easily worked on. No cramped board. Bid strong!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280634899900
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

GonePhishing46

Damn, I'll give you $175 for it... to Buy It Now. Help a local forum member!!!
Custom Hollowbody -> TS-10 -> TS-9 modded -> Ross Compressor -> Whammy II (True Bypass) -> Tuner -> Black Cat Vibe -> Alesis Quadraverb -> Groove Tubes Soul-O-75 -> Groove Tubes 4x10 Cabinet || Hammond Leslie

sour d

Quote from: GonePhishing46 on February 24, 2011, 02:20:17 AM
Damn, I'll give you $175 for it... to Buy It Now. Help a local forum member!!!
I tried. When I first listed it I had put a buy it now price of $160 but within a couple of minutes somebody had bid on it and the BIN went away. Keep an eye on it. I bet it wil sell for less than you are willing to pay. Check out my other auctions too.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

sour d

I'm cleaning out my jam room and I will keep listing pedals all day. Overdrives, rackmounted switchers, all sorts of clutter.

Walker done done

Quote from: sour d on February 24, 2011, 11:50:59 AM
I'm cleaning out my jam room and I will keep listing pedals all day. Overdrives, rackmounted switchers, all sorts of clutter.

Hey are you coming to Buck's tomorrow?  If so I'll bring cash for that TS9.  I can't decide if it's something I'll use all the time or not but I am going to continue to mess w/ it and see.  It's definitely worth having an extra kicking around though, which is why I'm taking it (and maybe even give it to my keyboardist or keep it and give him my other one).  So far I've noticed that it's a bit "dirtier" than the TS9 I have in there now.  Seems that the drive, even when set low (9 o'clock-ish) is dirtier than the Silver that I am currently using.  It's much more "alive" as well, I'd say (more pronounced).  I think you said it had the chip the Keeley is using in his? 

The TS9 I have in the chain now is set at low drive, and the 808 is set for the dirtier Chalk Dust type overdrive.  But, and I may be wrong, your TS9 sounds more like my 808 than my TS9. 
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

sour d

Quote from: Walker done done on February 24, 2011, 12:07:48 PM
Hey are you coming to Buck's tomorrow?  If so I'll bring cash for that TS9.  I can't decide if it's something I'll use all the time or not but I am going to continue to mess w/ it and see.  It's definitely worth having an extra kicking around though, which is why I'm taking it (and maybe even give it to my keyboardist or keep it and give him my other one).  So far I've noticed that it's a bit "dirtier" than the TS9 I have in there now.  Seems that the drive, even when set low (9 o'clock-ish) is dirtier than the Silver that I am currently using.  It's much more "alive" as well, I'd say (more pronounced).  I think you said it had the chip the Keeley is using in his? 

The TS9 I have in the chain now is set at low drive, and the 808 is set for the dirtier Chalk Dust type overdrive.  But, and I may be wrong, your TS9 sounds more like my 808 than my TS9. 
Hopefully we will be at buck's tomorrow. I got one kid that's sick, if she feels better than we can drop her off and head out. No rush on the money. That pedal definetly can sound dirtier but can sound cleaner too. Basically your normal knob settings will not work. There is a lot more drive on tap and more level so both those knobs will be set less than usual. When you get a chance to play with it set the drive on zero close your eyes and start bumping it up a little at a time. Use your ears not your eyes. You should find a nice clean tone but 9 o'clock is probably a little more than you need. If I remember correctly that pedal has the rc4558p chip from TI (the one keeley prefers). If you ever want to try out different opamp chips, I have a small collection you can borrow. Find out which one sounds best to you not somebody else. With the craddle installed it's real easy to pop one out and throw in another. And to further derail this thread Trey played devil went down to georgia in the first set the other night. Can't wait to hear that. Hopefully we can get to buck's so I can get my half a chicken smoked and then country fried with about 6 different sides and half a dozen dank brews.

sour d

Quote from: posternutbag on February 24, 2011, 07:28:20 PM
theres one for 99 cents!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200580258911&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
I'll be watching that one. Looks don't mean much to me. Do you think the paint will come off at all poster?

Walker done done

Quote from: sour d on February 24, 2011, 02:43:40 PM
Hopefully we can get to buck's so I can get my half a chicken smoked and then country fried with about 6 different sides and half a dozen dank brews.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about right there!!!  You just made me hungry.  Hope to see you guys.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

Quote from: sour d on February 24, 2011, 09:10:25 PM
Quote from: posternutbag on February 24, 2011, 07:28:20 PM
theres one for 99 cents!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200580258911&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
I'll be watching that one. Looks don't mean much to me. Do you think the paint will come off at all poster?

Meh those things are ugly as shit stock, so I hope not!

sour d

Quote from: posternutbag on February 25, 2011, 12:39:42 AM
Meh those things are ugly as shit stock, so I hope not!
Ha! Good answer. It's like a piece of art. I just kicked off the bidding on it but I'm curious about mods. In the past I think you had mentioned mods that were done on your boomerang to help with the tone sucking etc. Does your boomerang still have the mods or were they reversed? Thanks

GonePhishing46

I'm bidding on all your ebay items haha. Winning the boomerang and delay right noe
Custom Hollowbody -> TS-10 -> TS-9 modded -> Ross Compressor -> Whammy II (True Bypass) -> Tuner -> Black Cat Vibe -> Alesis Quadraverb -> Groove Tubes Soul-O-75 -> Groove Tubes 4x10 Cabinet || Hammond Leslie

sour d

Quote from: GonePhishing46 on February 25, 2011, 12:48:01 PM
I'm bidding on all your ebay items haha. Winning the boomerang and delay right noe
Nice, but your only bidding on 2 auctions. I think I have 10 things listed. Bid hard on all 10 and we'll bump up your ebay feedback  ;) Just kidding. Good luck

GonePhishing46

i really want that bypass loop switcher. I don't want to spend all my tax refund in one day haha. why are you getting rid of it? Is it a really good one?

sour d

Quote from: GonePhishing46 on February 25, 2011, 05:39:16 PM
i really want that bypass loop switcher. I don't want to spend all my tax refund in one day haha. why are you getting rid of it? Is it a really good one?
It definetly can do the job. I would go to their website maybe shoot them an email ask some questions. I really have no need for it jamming with a few buddies in the basement a few times a year or looping shit by myself. I got a pedalboard that Al from moe. used to own and all my pedals fit on it and I have a small 4 place rack for my dm2000 2 microverbs and a another dm2000 to take up space. That works for me.