Watkins Glen: confirmed....?

Started by Walker done done, March 09, 2011, 02:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Just got strong word that Watkins Glen has been confirmed for July 1st, 2nd, & 3rd.  8 sets of Phish (and no DMB, thank fucking God!)

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

patrickstefanski

Boner: Confirmed....?

That would be so amazing.
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

Walker done done

We'll see.  You know how these rumors go.  So many fall flat on their face. 

Also heard rumblings of a show at Lake Tahoe.  Now THAT would be pretty friggin' sweet.

Also heard no Red Rocks, but possibly at the site where they do the music fest there in or around Denver...can't remember the name of it, but its the one that has been cancelled due to lack of support.  I hear the site is a dump though, so who knows.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

picture_of_nectar

There was an electronica festival at Squaw Valley in Tahoe last summer. That's the only venue up there I can imagine hoosting Phish but still I'm pretty doubtful of that.

I heard:
Red Rocks
Gorge
Greek
Shoreline
Some Bay Area fest

Then back east...
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

picture_of_nectar

8/2/11 Greek Theater, Los Angeles, CA
8/3/11 Greek Theater, Los Angeles, CA
8/5/11 The Gorge, George, WA
8/6/11 The Gorge, George, WA
8/7/11 PGE Park, Portland, OR
8/9/11 Harveys, Stateline, NV
8/10/11 Harveys, Stateline, NV
8/12/11 Outside Lands, San Francisco, CA
8/13/11 Dicks Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO
8/14/11 Dicks Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO
8/16/11 Phoenix/Albuquerque NM
8/18/11 Osage Creek, Fayetteville, AR
8/19/11 Saint Louis, not sure of venue
8/20/11 Toyota Park, Chicago, IL
8/21/11 Churchill Downs, Louisville, KY
8/23/11 Columbus OH Crew Stadium
8/24/11 Star Lake Pavilion Burgettstown, PA
8/26/11 Dodge Music Center, Hartford, CT
8/27-8/28 SPAC

Walker done done

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on March 10, 2011, 02:57:17 PM
8/2/11 Greek Theater, Los Angeles, CA
8/3/11 Greek Theater, Los Angeles, CA
8/5/11 The Gorge, George, WA
8/6/11 The Gorge, George, WA
8/7/11 PGE Park, Portland, OR
8/9/11 Harveys, Stateline, NV
8/10/11 Harveys, Stateline, NV
8/12/11 Outside Lands, San Francisco, CA
8/13/11 Dicks Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO
8/14/11 Dicks Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO
8/16/11 Phoenix/Albuquerque NM
8/18/11 Osage Creek, Fayetteville, AR
8/19/11 Saint Louis, not sure of venue
8/20/11 Toyota Park, Chicago, IL
8/21/11 Churchill Downs, Louisville, KY
8/23/11 Columbus OH Crew Stadium
8/24/11 Star Lake Pavilion Burgettstown, PA
8/26/11 Dodge Music Center, Hartford, CT
8/27-8/28 SPAC

This is similar but not exact to a post I just saw.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

sour d

What about this "disclaimer" they put after the first leg dates:

Additional summer announcements will be coming. Following the summer, the band has no touring plans for the remainder of the year.

No fall? No new years run? It does say "touring" so does that mean no mini runs like new years or a festival?
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

picture_of_nectar

I think they just mean that plans for the Fall haven't been made yet.

hopefully...

Walker done done

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on March 11, 2011, 05:46:36 PM
I think they just mean that plans for the Fall haven't been made yet.

hopefully...

I think that's possible, and I also think they're saying that to in their eyes (hopefully) sell out summer - and if that's the case, that's pretty bunk.  I've also heard they're going to be heading back into the studio for another album (makes sense).  But if they do mean what they say (no touring) I don't think that small runs are out of the question (i.e. NYE) however I would bet that they are not going to do a Halloween run this year.  I'd be stoked if they did, but I just feel they're going to be taking a break from that.

To be honest, I think this tour sucks.  It's convoluted, all over the place, and lacks continuity.  If they're goal was to give some love to other places, they've succeeded I guess, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't focus their tours on where their bread & butter is: the northeast.  Maybe they felt like they saturated that market a little the last 2 years, but as for this guy...Great Woods will be the only show I catch this tour.  And actually, I'm kind of glad in a way...I love seeing Phish live but I have a bad Phish addiction and my bank account needs a friggin' break!

Loop 3 Boomerang+