What settings do you use live?

Started by YouEnjoyMyReba, March 28, 2011, 04:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

Quote from: Brian27 on July 12, 2011, 06:03:45 PM
The way i set everything up is simple. Before i turn on my amp the Volume is all the way down and Bass, Mid, and Treble is set at 12:00. When i turn on my amp i start messing around with the EQ until i am satisfied and then i turn the Amp volume as loud as i want it to be. After that i turn on my Compressor and set my Compressor Volume at Unity with the Amp Volume. After my OD3's are on my drive on both Boss OD3's all the way down and the level on both OD pedals are set to Unity with both the amp and Compressor. What is important is that the first OD3 after my Wah is set so the drive is all the way up and the second OD3's drive is set at 10:30. The tone of both OD3's is set at 12:00. This set up is great for any guitarist out there. The sound is overall loud and even with great clarity and sustain. 

Will try out that approach next gig. I always keep a notebook to write settings down in.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Brian27

Dont forget to set the compressor after the OD pedals.