considering selling my Archtop...

Started by deadbearbobby, March 29, 2011, 10:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadbearbobby

Hi all,
I was able to find the builder of my archtop... he is actually a friend of David Myka, which explains some of the similar styles and such.  Anyway, Im in the process of having him build me one to my exact specs and Im thinking about selling the one I have. I just want to see if anyone is interested here and such. pics are here: http://s942.photobucket.com/albums/ad267/deadbearbobby/
If you are interested shoot me a PM with a fair offer
Thanks
Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership

Poster

Bobby: My advice to you, is to not even think about selling that guitar right now, this is absolute, worst time to try selling a guitar in our lifetime. Wait until 2013 at least.

picture_of_nectar

I buy and sell a lot of guitars.  Poster is right in that it's a buyers market right now.

I think you are going to have a difficult time selling it online to recoup your investment, on eBay or in the forums. Small unrecognized builders are tough to move. People don't have anything to compare it to. I almost think you'd have better luck selling it locally. Maybe one of you guitar shops does consignment?
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

deadbearbobby

Yeah... I think I'll wait to sell it for awhile. Im in no hurry to sell it. Actuallt not really sure if i do want to sell it... just trying to get a feel for interest and such.
Thanks to both of you  :)
Apartment rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>SRB 808>Ross Clone>wally looper>Epiphone valve Jr
Gig rig: Custom Cook hollowbody>Big Muff >Ross Clone>wally looper>epiphone valve jr/polytone mini brute (stereo rig)>Two fender 15"bass cabinets
not in use: Vox AC4, Flanger hoax, Giga delay, PIgtronix Mothership

sour d

I've had a lot of luck trading stuff on craigslist. People might not have cash but they do have gear they are not using. Last week I traded an orange squeezer clone (I paid $20 on ebay for it) for a 4x10 cab. I've also turned an epiphone hummingbird into a late 70's guild d25, a beat to shit saturn into a gibson sg then traded that for my fender twin. Just a thought.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe