summer 2011 is starting off hot

Started by Walker done done, May 30, 2011, 09:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Have you guys had a chance to listen to the first 3 shows of tour?  Nights 1 & 2 of Bethel sound incredible.  DL'ing night 3 now.  There are some seriously great jams through the first 2 nights; I am kind of surprised considering it's the tour opener and all.  Usually it takes them at least a few shows to get this type of stuff under their belts.  Good to hear they're coming out swinging.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

patrickstefanski

Quote from: Walker done done on May 30, 2011, 09:45:05 AM
Have you guys had a chance to listen to the first 3 shows of tour?  Nights 1 & 2 of Bethel sound incredible.  DL'ing night 3 now.  There are some seriously great jams through the first 2 nights; I am kind of surprised considering it's the tour opener and all.  Usually it takes them at least a few shows to get this type of stuff under their belts.  Good to hear they're coming out swinging.

Yep, I was at the first two nights. Definitely incredible.   
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

jadirusso

Yeah I was at all 3 Bethel shows.. I was psyched that they are playing so well right now. Really locked in. Sunday was definitely not quite as good as the other two  but still fun.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

fulltone1989

As the pre-SBIX leg is over, some people, namely the goons over on PT have been hating-on this tour so far. It's full of some really great music, I don't understand what they have to gripe about. Sure, Phish is playing upwards of 22 songs per night, which only really means that they're excited about playing together. PT should be rejoicing instead of bashing on the jam-lessness (hmm?) Anyways, you don't need a 20 minute DWD as a jamming vehicle, they have plenty of 6 minute tunes that vary entirely throughout the tour so far...  Sure, there's some lackluster stuff, but Phish on a bad night plays like a lot of bands on a great night. In my opinion, Charlotte and DTE are my two favorites, and I'd be happy to share some music from Leg 1. Due to a full time job i've only made it to Mansfield but I've listened to the SBD's of every night at work, so although I haven't been able to see much of the epicness go down, I've still been able to hear it.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Happyorange27

Yeah folks should just be happy that these guys keep getting better and they are still all healthy and they love to play.  Few bands have this kind of longevity and passion.  So much has to go on behind the scenes to make these performances come out in the high quality fashion that they do.  Hell the sound system and crew do amazing work.  When I was at Blossom, I couldn't believe how right on the sound was.  It was studio quality sound; perfect levels and mix.  Anyway we should all be greatfull that all of these pieces of the puzzle are still in place.  This can't last forever and when that happens, those complainers are going to be like, "Man I missed it when Phish was around. Hell I'd even wish I could see them when they played that summer in 2011."  If they don't like it, they should go find a better band to follow...good luck on that one!  :P 8) :o ;D :D ;)
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

fulltone1989

Quote from: Happyorange27 on June 29, 2011, 07:35:43 AM
Yeah folks should just be happy that these guys keep getting better and they are still all healthy and they love to play.  Few bands have this kind of longevity and passion.  So much has to go on behind the scenes to make these performances come out in the high quality fashion that they do.  Hell the sound system and crew do amazing work.  When I was at Blossom, I couldn't believe how right on the sound was.  It was studio quality sound; perfect levels and mix.  Anyway we should all be greatfull that all of these pieces of the puzzle are still in place.  This can't last forever and when that happens, those complainers are going to be like, "Man I missed it when Phish was around. Hell I'd even wish I could see them when they played that summer in 2011."  If they don't like it, they should go find a better band to follow...good luck on that one!  :P 8) :o ;D :D ;)

Exactly, Phish is going on like 25 years together (I think.) Compare some other bands who've been around that long  and if they're still around. I don't think that any of them can or could've stacked up to what Phish is still doing. Blossom is one of the better shows this tour IMO (and Charlotte) but with all the dates these guys do with Phish and their own groups it's a joy still going to a great show by them or listening to the newer songs (kinda) that do something different but still have an entirely phishy element to them. Also, you really can't compare the complexities of some of the songs these guys rip. I'm psyched for all the tunes they're doing! Almost as psyched for crispy Super Ball IX soundboards at work next week.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.