Guitar Experiment

Started by patrickstefanski, June 01, 2011, 02:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrickstefanski

So I had this fun idea for everyone on the forum to participate in (if you should so choose).

I've been messing around with Reba lately in preparation for the new AO guitar.  And that's when this idea hit me....
So, the jam section of reba is very composed, weird timing in some parts, walk downs, walk ups, rakes etc.  None of which is really too well noted in any tab I saw....but who cares because I know that song really well and I can muddle around with what's provided until I find what sounds best to me.

BUT!  What if I didn't know the song really well, in fact, what if I had never ever heard the song in my life.... and I was presented with the tab and "learned" it.  What would my Reba sound like?  What would your Reba sound like? 

So the fun little experiment is:  We find a non-contestant who has a pretty good knowledge of obscure bands/songs and finds a complicated/crazy/fun song with tab available somewhere (that could be tricky).  And whoever wants to can take however long we decide to learn it....and then we record our versions of the songs and listen to the collective result.

I'm sure this will never happen, but I still think it's a cool idea.
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

ColForbin

I think it's a cool idea for sure man.....when is your AO coming??  I saw pics of your neck btw...super sexy.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

phishlips

could be fun.  if anyone comes up with a tune and the tab I'd be in.  could get really weird results since tab only works if you already know the values of the notes from just knowing the song.
G&L ASAT lately into- RMC3, modded ts7, modded ts9, ibanez delay, ross compressor, boss tuner, fender super.  lots of other stuff but thats the meat and potatoes.

Stiles12

yup, I think this would be awesome if we did this. great idea... Im in who's getting the song?
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

patrickstefanski

Quote from: Stiles12 on June 02, 2011, 11:16:39 AM
yup, I think this would be awesome if we did this. great idea... Im in who's getting the song?

AO should do it.  He has a catalogue of music the likes of which i have never seen.
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

IamWILSON

This is a great idea... I'm in!
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).