Anybody want to trade amps?

Started by sour d, August 10, 2011, 08:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour d

I love my fender twin but the band I'm gigging with has an acoustic guitar playing lead singer and the twin is to much power. I don't like dragging my 64 deluxe around town because i dont want to ruin it and my HRD is fucked right now. Maybe somebody wants to trade an amp there not using. Maybe someone in the portland area has a boogie they don"t use or maybe someone else has a silverface deluxe they aren't using. The twin reverb is a great sounding amp with wheels so it is easy to move around.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Happyorange27

I'd trade my Fender Princeton Chorus 50 watts of solid state but you wouldn't want that deal giving up a serious tube amp.
What is wrong with you HRD?  Anything that can be repaired?  I'm curious since I've worked on my BJ and they are similar (hot rod series).
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

sour d

Quote from: Happyorange27 on August 10, 2011, 08:49:32 PM
I'd trade my Fender Princeton Chorus 50 watts of solid state but you wouldn't want that deal giving up a serious tube amp.
No thanks. Best offer so far though.
Quote from: Happyorange27 on August 10, 2011, 08:49:32 PM
What is wrong with you HRD?  Anything that can be repaired?  I'm curious since I've worked on my BJ and they are similar (hot rod series).
The channel switching resistor got too hot and created a cold solder joint which caused the amp to randomly switch to the overdrive channel. Then eventually it burned the traces on the board. I can fix it. just have to solder in a jumper where the trace is burned. Then I have an amp that I question the reliability of, not just because of that issue, but I've had other shit go wrong with it in the past (kinda scared to gig with it)and that amp doesn't really give me the sound I'm looking for.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Happyorange27

Yeah sounds shaky (HRD).
I like having my Chorus amp in tandem with my BJ latetly. I use it at about 60% of the volume of the BJ and set up at 90 degrees in my sound bubble. Just helps kick in some sustain and lushness. It has a great chorus bulit in.
I'm also your worst offer so far.   :P
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Walker done done

Quote from: sour d on August 10, 2011, 08:11:23 PM
I love my fender twin but the band I'm gigging with has an acoustic guitar playing lead singer and the twin is to much power. I don't like dragging my 64 deluxe around town because i dont want to ruin it and my HRD is fucked right now. Maybe somebody wants to trade an amp there not using. Maybe someone in the portland area has a boogie they don"t use or maybe someone else has a silverface deluxe they aren't using. The twin reverb is a great sounding amp with wheels so it is easy to move around.

Sure thing - give me a call when it's convenient and we'll work something out.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

fulltone1989

Quote from: sour d on August 10, 2011, 08:11:23 PM

Any interest in a Supersonic 22w?

thomasmaclennan@gmail.com
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

sour d

Quote from: tomasmaclennan on August 17, 2011, 08:49:32 AM

I read mixed reviews on those so I'm not really interested. After my HRD issues and all the 65 deluxe reissue problems I've read about here, I don't have much faith in "modern fender". Didn't you just get that amp? What was your issue with it? Thanks for the offer though.

raisingfreen

sour d,
Seems you know exactly what your looking for by the mention of Portland area amps. Walker has a Boogie that he would probably let you try/borrow if you haven't already. I no longer have any Silverface Deluxe's. Just a Tweed Deluxe which your welcome to try any time you want. Just got my new AO Hollow Rim so I will be looking for a nice companion amp for that as well. AO let me try his Bogner Duende which was very nice. Kinda like a Plexi meets a Tweed Tremolux. I offered to buy it until I found out what they actually cost! Nice amp in any case.

Check local Portland area CL as lots of stuff has been coming up lately. I'll trade you my Tweed Deluxe for your 64 Deluxe for a few weeks if you just want something new to play around with.

Also check out Steven at Synaptic Amps in Bath. Great young amp builder and really knows his stuff. He can fix your HRD as well. I have had him do a few mods and he was really great to deal with and completely reasonable price wise.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

fulltone1989

Quote from: sour d on August 23, 2011, 03:46:46 PM
Quote from: tomasmaclennan on August 17, 2011, 08:49:32 AM

I read mixed reviews on those so I'm not really interested. After my HRD issues and all the 65 deluxe reissue problems I've read about here, I don't have much faith in "modern fender". Didn't you just get that amp? What was your issue with it? Thanks for the offer though.

I went with a '65 DRRI. I am starting to bias my own amps and I read that it was very easy to do with the DR's, and many many amps hehe. I didn't really have any gripes with the amp, I just found myself using the clean channel solely so I wanted to get more of a platform amp as well.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

ColForbin

Man, I wish I had an amp to trade, I just have my DRRI (which I think sounds awesome).  I sold my Twin Reverb a few months ago and there is rarely a day that goes by that I wish I had not.  Also, the silverface amps aren't overly common up here, not nearly as common as they are in the states.  I really want to get back into a vintage fender though.....

Edited to add:

Sour d, have you thought about selling your twin?  I know this isn't the nature of this thread but I am heading to AO's place in a couple of months (I think) to pick up my new guitar, can't fucking wait by the way.  But this trip would rock really hard if I came back to Canada with a new guitar and a new to me vintage fender twin.  Any thoughts?  Worth discussing??
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb