Headie amps fo sale

Started by sour d, September 15, 2011, 08:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour d

I like the name on these new fenders. I can only assume some of you will like it too. I can see fender reps pushing these on shakedown. "Dude, dude, don't plug it in right here man, po po's watchin"
http://proguitarshop.com/store/amplifiers-fender-amplifiers-c-4_5/fender-blues-jr-humboldt-hot-rod-p-3268
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

phishlips

looks and sounds great.  good price too.
G&L ASAT lately into- RMC3, modded ts7, modded ts9, ibanez delay, ross compressor, boss tuner, fender super.  lots of other stuff but thats the meat and potatoes.

IamWILSON

Jesus!  I might go find one and buy it this weekend!  This sounds like the perfect amp to use to start running a stereo signal to; and especially for use on gigs that I don't wanna bring a big heavy rig to.
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Happyorange27

This is basically my BJ.  I was way ahead of them.  They stole my configuration.  8)
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

IamWILSON

So I've been reading great reviews of this amp and looking at youtube demos and finally had to pull the trigger on this amp when I saw the PGS dropped their Ebay price to $479!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370546286461#ht_1495wt_1057

I think I've got a serious problem with GAS.  I'm completely happy with all my guitars and gear, yet I keep buying more.  I think I might have to start picking a couple items in my collection to sell off and pay some credit card debt.
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

manicstarseed

Quote from: IamWILSON on September 28, 2011, 01:26:46 PM
I think I've got a serious problem with GAS.  I'm completely happy with all my guitars and gear, yet I keep buying more.  I think I might have to start picking a couple items in my collection to sell off and pay some credit card debt....

I haven't spent on credit for about 1.5 years. My wife an I ran into debt issues and have since swore off of credit. This is good. My wife thinks I have a pawn/Craigslist addiction issue as I am always looking for that "deal" yet its really GAS. A compressor is next on the list then a TS9 silver. She is still getting over the acquisition of my new Mesa Express 25,  but appreciates the  downward volume trend it has enabled. This 15 watt beauty is really tempting and the store looks top notch.

OMG I just found out these guys are in my home town. I know what I am doing this weekend....
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

picture_of_nectar

Is there more to it then the speaker and colored grill cloth?
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Happyorange27

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on September 29, 2011, 12:26:22 PM
Is there more to it then the speaker and colored grill cloth?
To the best of my knowledge the answer is "No".  I've researched the shit out of Blues Jr's.  They all have the same circuit since early 2000's (cream board).  Most of the differences are cosmetic for the cabs and the speaker they offer.  This new hemp one does have better tubes which is cool.  The only "new" thing is on the III which now has a sparkle mod which is the removal of a capacitor, making it very bright.  I'm installing the de-sparkle mod from Billm so i can go from zero to .003uF with a pot.
See I almost spent extra money for the Tween NOS style but that only has a different speaker, a Jensen, and that thing is horribly harsh on the high end frequencies.  I knew i was going to go with a better speaker anyway so i bought the standard black BJ.  I threw in the CRex right away it was much improved.
Now mind you I have installed many of Billm's mods and the amp just keeps getting better.  I should really record this amp with a quality mic so you can hear it, but even my YouTube videos show off the tone well.
In short the BJ is a win, especially if you feel like doing a little mod work to tighten up the amp.  Enjoy!
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

IamWILSON

Happy -

What mods do you recommend?  I have a feeling I wont like the sparkle mod (and will need the mod to undo it, as I've never really been a fan of "bright" switches/buttons on amps), but I'm just gonna have to wait for it's delivery next week to really decide.  How much do some of these mods cost?  And are they diy types, because I'm not very electronically inclined either.

Happyorange27

Spend the next couple days reading as much of the Billm website as possible. You will learn a bunch. Here is what i did or am doing. Also I would recommend going in priority:

Basic mods kit
Twin Stack Mod (super easy)
Lower gain preamp tubes (to handle OD pedals)
Hemp Speaker
Clean boost
Hyperboer Output Transformer
Presence control
De-sparkle control (have not installed yet)
High Voltage Pre Amp mod (not installed yet)

Anyway all of these will help but it's going to sound great from the factory anyway. You are going to be stoked!