Main Menu

My Schecter

Started by GDCSH-1, September 20, 2011, 08:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDCSH-1

Was doin a little set up on'r, Its no dream doc' but it does the trick. Schecter discontinued this model.

"Make Your Move To Improve Your Groove" -Magic Hat cap

phishlips

that body looks identical to a few guitars I have.

G&L ASAT lately into- RMC3, modded ts7, modded ts9, ibanez delay, ross compressor, boss tuner, fender super.  lots of other stuff but thats the meat and potatoes.

GDCSH-1

I don't see your pics for some reason man ?

Diff angle

raisingfreen

Lets take a moment to notice the creative use of the ironing board.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

GDCSH-1

Walker d, I posted another pic that didn't come up as well, messed up code on mine too?

phishlips, those are sweet guit's, nice top on that Res. phishy Hb, the bottom one looks very close to mine, head stock and all

raisingfreen, haha I guess there's always an alternative use for a household item, the best part is I can adjust the height of the board to comfortable level to work  

Walker done done

Quote from: GDCSH-1 on September 22, 2011, 02:47:53 PM
Walker d, I posted another pic that didn't come up as well, messed up code on mine too?

Fixed.  The problem was you had 2 IMG codes in there so the program was confused.  If you copy an IMG code from a website and it has the already in it, then you can just put that in a post here, and you don't need to use the IMG button icon.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Happyorange27

Hey Lips, you clean up well with a hair cut.  Didn't recognize you. ;D
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

IamWILSON

phishlips - Is that bottom picture you posted a PRS?  I recently got a hollowbody that looks exactly like it by a guitar company called Malden.
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

phishlips

Hey Wilson, no it's not a PRS.  It is made by Raven West Guitars which I think went out of business.  Cheap guitars but the sound decent and they're comfy.  I haven't been playing them much since I got a G&L Bluesboy.  I'm not crazy about the fretboards on the Ravens and thinking it's time to let em go.

I've never heard of Malden, I'll check them out though.
G&L ASAT lately into- RMC3, modded ts7, modded ts9, ibanez delay, ross compressor, boss tuner, fender super.  lots of other stuff but thats the meat and potatoes.

manicstarseed

I am looking at a charcoal  version of this guitar for $600 (NOS). I tried it and got miusical feed back at moderat volumes, I was in the store and I did sit with the speker right behind the guitar.

What do the folks here think.... Is this a good step into a a hollowbody? Do I really need to spend $5K to get soething usable? This little beauty has the piezo and the buckers.

Thoughts?
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

fulltone1989

Quote from: manicstarseed on December 13, 2011, 02:28:35 PM
I am looking at a charcoal  version of this guitar for $600 (NOS). I tried it and got miusical feed back at moderat volumes, I was in the store and I did sit with the speker right behind the guitar.

What do the folks here think.... Is this a good step into a a hollowbody? Do I really need to spend $5K to get soething usable? This little beauty has the piezo and the buckers.

Thoughts?

Seems like a good grab n' go guitar, I'm not familiar with the pricing on these but i'd try to talk him down a bit. $600 seems high to me. They sound great though, don't these have coil taps too?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

manicstarseed

Tom, no this does not have push-pull pots. I will likely replace the pickups (Duncan Designed) with SD-59s and tap them (Parallel) or some other suggestion is welcome.

He went to $499 on a credit card. This is a TOUGH decision. I do not want to incur more debt but .... my GAS flare up is INTENSE!. I heard the piezo bridge pick-up through an acoustic amp. and GOD its good. I would totally be fine with this as an amplified acoustic. Ac6ion is a little high, but I think that it is doable. The acoustic end drives that need.

Some stock images from the web..

I asked him to hold it for the night, I will decide in the morning.
I think I am going to trade in my Liberty resonator, Flanger, Ibanez EQ, Boss CS-3. I hope that can get it down to $199 and have the lady pick up the difference for Xmas.
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Synthesizer->GR-55

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

Brian27

Raven West makes a killer Semi-Hollow. I got one and put a JB and a 59 in and it is killer.

manicstarseed

I put 100 down on it the the lady will be picking up the rest for xmas. Sweet!

The reports are true pickups ARE muddy...Thank God I have  Gibson'76 stock pickups to put in there while I save up for SD-59s (4-wire). The Gibsons I have  meter out at 7.43k, so they are close enough for a neck 59s. I am still thinking about the Pearly Gates, I really like them in my Les Paul, so I wonder if they would work in a semi-hollow.

Synthesizer->GR-55