DM2000 in a Floor Box?

Started by raisingfreen, October 02, 2011, 12:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raisingfreen

Anyone know if such a delay exists? Meaning with the exact same feature set (on the floor)... I don't mean that it has the same features that are single uses such as delay, hold, modulate settings on a dial etc... I mean is there a floor delay that will do delay, hold, modulate all at the same time with at least 3 switches possibly a forth for tempo. Seems most delays in stomp box format just have on/off and tap tempo (maybe a different patch) and you have to adjust the settings or switch modes to modulate or hold. This would be great of it exists or maybe could be made?. It would just have Delay on/bypass, Hold, and Modulate...Possibly a tap tempo. Also when the Hold is activated the delay is then bypassed. I noticed some older Ibanez floor delays have a hold setting but I think that is an individual setting an just captures what gets sent to it.

I have been playing around with having effects be playable (not via guitar) after a sound or feedback loop has been captured. You can then modulate the signal into various trem rates and oscillation as well as change its pitch via the whammy. All without playing the guitar.

Also, has anyone ever inserted any effects in the feedback loop of a DM2000? It would be interesting to see if the feedback loop is only activated when not in bypass or is it still in the signal.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

Brian27

I have yet to see that in a floor unit. It would be awesome for someone to do a floor model. Roland did a Dual pedal version of the Space Echo and it is amazing so i think Ibanez or somebody should give it a try. Floor versions of vintage and modern rack effects are popular these days.  Thats why you have such items as the Roland RE-20 Space Echo based off the Roland RE201 and the TC Electronics Nova Delay which is based off the 2290