Stash Backing Track

Started by Flavaham, October 04, 2011, 05:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flavaham

I just received my MIDI cables in the mail, so the first thing I did?  Put together a backing track to the outro jam in Stash using Garage Band.  Pretty simple really, just Dm - Bb - Em7b5 - A7.  Since it is all played via MIDI, I can slow down or speed up the track to any speed for practicing.  I just played the progression once and loop it. 

"WHAT'S YOUR POINT???", you might be asking?   ???  Well, if someone knows how to save this track so that it can be shared and imported into your copy of Garage Band (or other compatible software), I'd gladly send it your way so that you too could have this handy practice tool.  Any ideas?  I'm not really up on the whole digital side of things!  haha,

Also, if you like this track and there is another progression you'd like me to try to tackle, let me know!  Could be good for both of us!
Thanks!
-Gabe

IamWILSON

I would think it would be easy to import it to itunes and then post it on soundcloud or something and just put the link in here.  Otherwise, you can use a file sharing website like mediafire and just post the garageband file there.  But then you'd still have to post the the link here, and only mac users, or users of any garageband compatible software can d/l and adapt it however they want. 

I've been bugging my band to learn this tune, as I transcribed it a while back, but some think its too hard.  If they'd only sit down for an hour and put in some work they'd realize it isn't very difficult.  Hell I figured everything out in 1 hour, then shed it for a couple days and had it nailed.  I've been putting off practicing the jam because I've really had no use to do it.  Your jamtrack might be just the thing to motivate me a little. 
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Walker done done

The Phish tribute band I just started played Stash this weekend, it was a blast.  Your right Wilson, not that hard if you put a little time in.  The timing is the hardest part when you're playing w/ a band, but even then all it takes is a little patience.  What a fun jam though...a guitar players playground!  ;D
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.