Why is this forum so DEAD???

Started by Flavaham, October 04, 2011, 05:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flavaham

Seriously, where is everyone?  I've been working on learning a few Phish tunes on guitar and have a few resources to share but there doesn't seem to be a lot of people actively posting about TABs and songs that they are working on.  I figure we should all help each other out. 

Anyhow, I posted a TAB for Stash and also have a backing track for it that I'm willing to share.  I posted some topics in "Phish Tabs" so check it out.
thanks!
-G

Walker done done

Hey, you're preaching to the choir bud.  I used to say that a lot too, but finally gave up.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

manicstarseed

I'm here,
but then again I am fairly new here.
Aside from whomever already came and went....

Perhaps we are a rare breed?
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

Happyorange27

Yes we are a rare breed.  I'd say there is only about 10 regulars and like 25 mild participants.  Some come and go.

I would offer my website skills to spruce up some of the homepage if I had the opportunity.  I love this site but it would be nice to keep it fresh.  I've been tinkering with my own site under construction only for the purpose of keeping Trey's rig as update as possible.  I think ours is untouched for years now.  Please only take this feedback as a positive because we want to keep folks excited at Strangedesign.org.

Walker you are like the last man standing as far as admins.  Has anyone heard from Scott?  Anyway are my points valid?

Trust me there is no site that comes close to this but we could keep improving all the time.  I offer my services for free.
8)
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Walker done done

Hey Happy,

I'll contact Scott and let him know.  He's been wicked busy lately so hasn't been on here much but I agree with you - I'd like this site as spruced up as possible, and there are many tabs that could use a re-working, which I've already offered to do (but need the ability to do so - my admin rights only go so far).

Anyways, I'll get in touch w/ him and get back at you.  Thanks for the good offer.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

jadirusso

Hey guys. yeah some of the tabs on here need some re-working for sure. I'll chip in on that as well if needed. I need to find a new tab program tho since eTktab doesn't work since I upgraded to Mac OS X Lion.  Any suggestions?
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

manicstarseed

Quote from: jadirusso on October 05, 2011, 05:04:11 PM
 Any suggestions?

I am loving Guitar pro or Guitar Tab pro 6.0 right now.... Fantastic piece of software.
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Synthesizer->GR-55

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

fulltone1989

I'm here, schools back in session however and forum life is rather sparse.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

manicstarseed

I actually have been thinking that it would be a great project converting all the Tabs into Guitar tab pro files. I already have GTP transcription of Eliza, YEM, Stash and DWD ready to post.

Correction.. the current software is called Guitar Pro 6 http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=product#/interface

Synthesizer->GR-55

Flavaham

Agreed on the reworking of some TABs.  I have a pretty good Stash TAB and a few corrections for David Bowie.

What was the price tag on Guitar Pro 6?  I guess I could go look it up...haha

Is it worth the $$??

manicstarseed

Quote from: Flavaham on October 06, 2011, 04:24:10 AM
What was the price tag on Guitar Pro 6?  I guess I could go look it up...haha
Is it worth the $$??

Cost $60 payback... priceless. Worth every penny.
1) There is a large collection of Tabs in this format. Some better than others. Others worst than most. But overall a great collection of tabs to choose from
2) It Plays the songs back, multiple types of guitars/instruments with effects and amp "modeling"
3) It provides timing and standard articulation information, along the the tab.
4) You can compose the rest of the music along with the guitar tab... Drums, Base, Vocals, whatever is needed. I've seen stuff with 10-12 different "tracks"
5) With a MIDI interface, like a Roland synth/hex pickup, you can compose and transcribe exactly what you are playing.
6) It transposes.
7) It exports ASCII tab and Imports it as well.

Humble opinion.... The tabs and this site are both of such good quality, it is really the next step for a quality tab library.

Synthesizer->GR-55

Walker done done

Hey guys, I spoke w/ Scott about redesigning the Design.

Happy, check your PM's.

Anyone who wants to add, rewrite, modify, etc. some tabs on here, please do so and email them to me at: shakedown_04092@yahoo.com and put "SD TABS" in the subject line so I know it's not spam.  I'll upload them accordingly.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

picture_of_nectar

It's kinda like everyone sits and waits for somebody to post. One person post and then there are a flurry of posts, and when that dies we all sit and wait again...
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Rusty the Scoob

You're a pretty small population.... "guitar players who are obsessed with Trey and also post on forums".   Eventually a small, focused population runs out of topics of conversation.

I'm in the population of "Bass players who are obsessed with Mike and also obsessed with forums" which should be pretty related, but there's not much here for even me to find useful or chime in on.  I had to go to a variety of other sites to find The Secret To Mike's Tone... I'll probably end up sharing it here at some point once I have it a little more refined, but I'm not sure that anybody will even care...
Phishhead playing Phil

www.fennario.us

Happyorange27

Ask not what your forum can do for you...Ask what can you do for your forum!!!  (ok that was lame).   Hey everything goes through cycles.  Also Phish is off the road right now.  I'm sure as dudes keep getting new gear, playing gigs, modifying amps and such, they will continue to post.  Sal Good 8)

Rusty what are some of the best Mike Gordon forums by the way?
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex