2011.10.01 Trey's gear from the Higher Ground

Started by Walker done done, October 07, 2011, 10:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Found this pic on Hidden Track.  Figured you's guys would want to see it.  Nothing sexy going on, status quo.

The original pic:

And the same pic rotated, for those wishing to read the teleprompter:
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

sour d

Nice. curious what the 12:30 is. i've seen other times in other pictures. looks like he jacked up the compression a bit and gave it more level.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

picture_of_nectar

12:30curfew?

I notice the Ross levels are way up.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Happyorange27

How fun would that be to set up exactly the same every show.  Not fun.

Anyone know why the only visible power adapter is near the Ross.  It's always there.  Why that one and none anywhere else?  The rest are remote. 

Thanks for the pic.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Walker done done

Yes, I think 12:30 is the curfew as well.  I think whoever (Brian Brown?) puts it there for him does it before each set, because I've also seen 9:30 there, which must mean "end the 1st set by 9:30".  Right in front of that on his board is his clock.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

Quote from: Happyorange27 on October 07, 2011, 11:29:39 AM
How fun would that be to set up exactly the same every show.  Not fun.

Anyone know why the only visible power adapter is near the Ross.  It's always there.  Why that one and none anywhere else?  The rest are remote. 

Thanks for the pic.

None of the power is remote, you just can't see it well.  If you blow up the pic you can see the power coming out of the Whammy, and if you look close you'll see the Whammy's power line running right under the mic stand and under the Wah.  I also see power coming from the Wah and both TS9's, as well as the Boomerang.  I see 4 warts coming out of the power strip behind the Ross, along with a 3-pronged power supply at the end.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Happyorange27

Thanks for sharing.  I see.  I just don't know why they keep that clunky wart by the ross.  It could be off to the side somewhere but hey whatever works.  Not that I am known for my beautiful cable routing. :P
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Collingslaw

Quote from: Walker done done on October 07, 2011, 10:51:16 AM
Found this pic on Hidden Track.  Figured you's guys would want to see it.  Nothing sexy going on, status quo.

The original pic:

And the same pic rotated, for those wishing to read the teleprompter:

I still find the status quo extremely sexy.  Pics of Trey's rig are borderline NSFW in my book!

Walker done done

Loop 3 Boomerang+

IamWILSON

The Ross settings are back to about where they were from the CAE video of Trey's gear.  I think that was from '97???  Apparently Trey might be realizing how awesome his tone was back then!
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).