Main Menu

Fender Champ Tweed

Started by Happyorange27, October 12, 2011, 07:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happyorange27

I'm excited.  My buddy Whipple was in a music store and loved this little Fender Champ.

He asked me if I would like it as payment for designing his new fuzz pedal pcb.  Of course I said yes.  I'll be playing it by the end of the week.  Should be fun.  It's about as basic of a circuit as you can get.  I like that.  You gotta start with the basics to understand the fundamentals.  I might mod it here and there just for fun too.  It's all point to point and all tube.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

manicstarseed

Sweet amp. I think you will find that its only the speaker that will limit you. I think there is  a plug for an extension cabinet . The tone of this 5 watts beauty will be amazing through a real cabinet.
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

Happyorange27

Thanks man.  I think it has a Jensen in it now and my buddy said it sound good.  I can easily plug in my Cannabis Rex from the BJ combo to see how that sounds. 
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

manicstarseed

If this is the amp I think it is, the speaker is of good-enough quality, it's simply the size that limits it from our perspective. 6" can't push much air....

Once you plug it into the 12" CR... you will love it. You will have  a pushed lil tube amp in a uber speaker. It will sing and you will love it. 5w is still plenty loud.. still only half as loud as a 50W amp. I never l play my Mesa above 5W unless its with other players, then I switch to 25W.
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

Happyorange27

it's a great little amp. loud, clean, takes pedals great!  Just needs a new bigger filter cap and a replacement 6L6.