Main Menu

Seen these yet?

Started by sour d, November 02, 2011, 04:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour d

Somebody is trying to cash in on the languedoc design. These remind me of something Jimmy's cat was talking about having made and cashing in on. What was Jimmy's cat named? What was his name? The name of the cat was.. The cat was named... Posternutbag ladies and gentlemen. Check out the inbedded videos. Notice how the guy playing the guitar has to wiggle his fretting finger constantly to garner any sustain. I shouldn't talk down on the guitars though. I've never tried one or seen one so... I guess they would be cool if you were going to a costume party as Trey or something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Semi-Hollow-Body-Electric-Guitar-Inspired-Trey-Anastasio-Phish-/190590784257?pt=Guitar&hash=item2c60189301

I like the round about way the seller alludes to the fact that this guitar sounds nothing like a 'doc

"With the proper effect pedals, amp, and lots of practice, you can get that sweet "Trey" sound."

No shit! He is right though. That "Trey" sound is pretty sweet.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

MomaDan

The person who "designed" these was talking about them over at PT. By designed I mean: sent pictures of Trey's Languedoc to a Chinese builder and said make these for $5oo. Interesting guitar but thats about it

Funniest comment: China = ranguedoc
LP Studio w/ Wolfetone DR. V>Wilson Rippah>MXR Classic Dist>CompRosser>Strymon Mobius>Boomerang>TU-2>Fender SF Champ

Walker done done

Oh wow.

Guarantee Paul is rolling over in his shop right now.  Those things look like ________.  And that Chalk Dust sounded like trash.  Get it right pal!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

raisingfreen

As the late Steve Jobs once said: "We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas."
The thing he did different however, was actually make the stolen ideas better, both in quality and usability.

I would not necessarily assume this is Poster's marketing efforts however. The actual website possesses and honesty that does not fit the narcissist qualities we have all come to know and love. The one line from the eBay ad that leads me to think otherwise however is: "I have pictures of real people building this guitar."
WTF does that mean. As opposed to robots or tiny Chinese hookers taking a break from stitching Underroos or LL Bean wares.

If they went through all the trouble to flat out copy the guitar in its basic form (not necessarily function) then why not go the extra mile and get some decent players to make it sound good for the promo video's.

In direct marketing there is a specific term used for customers looking for something cheap, don't do thier research, and instead require immediate gratification. They are called the "Homer" audience. They simply buy. Even if the rents due and they have only $500 left on thier debit card. And its usually at 3am. In other words if Esteban was in the Lanquedoc business this guitar would be available in 4 easy payments, but only if you call now.

All that said in my younger "Homer" years, I would have bought this.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

picture_of_nectar

My guess is that Paul is pretty pissed about these new copies, if he's seen them. It's one thing if you are copied by someone who knows what they are doing, like Equator...which he still doesn't like. These are different...it's basically a rip off of the look without any of the qualities that make a Doc what it is besides the scale length and 24 frets. My guess is the quality is something like an Epiphone DOT, at best.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

IamWILSON

I was gonna point this out a little while back, but I've recently seen the PT handle of the guy who makes them post on here!  I think he was asking about the Boss Compressor? lol
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

picture_of_nectar

My initial thought was that this was posternutbag too, but I kinda don't think so. Plus the guy is in Cali.

sour d

Quote from: raisingfreen on November 02, 2011, 07:07:34 PM

I would not necessarily assume this is Poster's marketing efforts however.
I wasn't trying to say that it was poster. Just remembering when he had the same idea about making a bunch of ranguedocs (is it wrong to think that term is funny?)
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

picture_of_nectar

Totally, was my first thought too.

raisingfreen

Quote from: sour d on November 03, 2011, 12:40:42 PM
ranguedocs (is it wrong to think that term is funny?)

Not at all. Would be cool to see a Chinese Phish cover band and how they interpret the lyrics. For that matter any other language would be interesting as the play on words may get interesting.

"Rag it, Rag it, Rell it to da Rutcher in da Rorra".... and such

This could get out of hand however so use caution if proceeding....
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

Poster

yup this was stolen from my thread on here, ask the douche, hell tell you. I woulda done it myself if I didnt think it was a slimy evil thing to do.

MomaDan

Didnt realize people actually read this forum ;D The only time I've seen us talked about is by Heady on TGP

The term Rangedoc is 100% fine and hirarious
LP Studio w/ Wolfetone DR. V>Wilson Rippah>MXR Classic Dist>CompRosser>Strymon Mobius>Boomerang>TU-2>Fender SF Champ

Heady Jam Fan

Lol, I have mentioned this site before on TGP, but only my threads I think...
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9